PDA

View Full Version : Syncing 2 phones on 1 computer and 2 outlook profiles

pizzaman
06-15-2010, 06:28 PM
Okay....I am sick of this crap EVO and this is a last resort. The EVO is unable to sync more than one phone with outlook on one computer. Will DJO allow me to sync my wifes phone AND my phone seperately in Outlook. We BOTH have our own profiles with our own contacts and such.

Please advise before I throw this paperweight out the window.

Eric
06-16-2010, 03:43 PM
That's an expensive paperweight! Yes, you can use CompanionLink to sync your two Outlook profiles to the appropriate EVO. CompanionLink was designed for one Android USB sync per PC. However, with CompanionLink Professional you can set up two sync profiles. One of the sync profiles could sync your Outlook profile to your EVO with a USB connection, and the other sync profile could sync your wife's Outlook profile to Google (and then Google would sync to your wife's EVO). Or, you could set both sync profiles to sync with Google. Either way, you can use DejaOffice to manage your data. You can find more information about CompanionLink at www.companionlink.com.

viajero9
06-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Does the regular CompanionLink support multiple Outlook profiles on one PC? I just created a new profile, and set it to "prompt for profile" at startup, which is does, but when I hit Sync from DejaOffice I expected to be prompted which profile to sync to, instead it just sync's to the original profile. Is multi-profile supported in DejaOffice sync?

pizzaman
06-16-2010, 07:50 PM
I am a bit confused by your suggestion......but if I read it correctly, CompanionLink cannot sync sep. profiles with a profile choice when you start the program....one can be done normally, and the other has to be done through Google.

If this is the case, then it only ads more confusion to a sync process and really doesn't solve the problem.

As an example with our former blackberries.....I connect mine....it prompts me for the profile and I choose mine. She connects her's....and it prompts again for a profile and she chooses hers. It's that simple.

Again, am I understanding that your program is not that simple? PLease advise since I am days away from returning the phones.

Eric
06-17-2010, 09:40 AM
pizzaman, CompanionLink does not support multiple Android USB sync profiles at this time. So, if you have two Androids, what you could do is use CompanionLink Professional to sync to one of the Androids via USB, and to the other via Google. Or, you could sync to both Androids via Google (no wires involved).

viajero9, you can sync to multiple Outlook profiles using CompanionLink Professional.