Thread: Selection for alarm sound, looping sounds, and screen turn on

Threaded View

Selection for alarm sound, looping sounds, and screen turn on

Unfortunately, my default alert tone is too short to be a useful alarm, but selecting a longer one would be a nuisance for all other alerts on my phone. If a sound could be selected specifically for DejaOffice (I use the calendar), with the option to loop until dismissed/snoozed, that would be excellent! Of course, an automatic silent until the next persistent reminder would be useful so as not to drain the battery unnecessarily if the person isn't around to dismiss/snooze. Maybe have an auto-silent after 60 seconds of looping? One issue I foresee is the looping of the vibrate, which would really drain the battery. As long as the vibrate isn't tied to the looping of the sound, that would be great.

When the alarm goes off, turning on the screen and showing the event with dismiss/snooze options would be handy, especially without having to enter my unlock pattern to view it first.

Forgot to put this one in the title--notification LED flashing. I'd love to have alarms also provide LED flash color and speed. Having the flash independent of the alarm sound/vibrate would allow for visual cues that an alarm is going off, even inbetween the persistent reminder intervals. Again, I don't know which phones have multiple colors, but my Motorola Droid LED has a few to choose from. Simple flash increment speeds would suffice, such as 500ms, 1000ms, 2000ms, 3000ms. I know 500ms is pretty fast, but if someone out there (not me) has multiple notifications and/or just one color, they may be running low on options to distinguish between all their events, so the fast one might be their only way to know DejaOffice has an event alarm.
    Last edited by Jon8RFC; 06-16-2010 at 06:54 PM.