+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Phone Number format Issue in 1.10.4

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2

    Phone Number format Issue in 1.10.4

    I have just installed Beta 1.10.4 in my Droid2 on Verizon.

    When I lookup a contact and try calling a number from that contact, it dials the number incorrectly.

    For example, for a phone number listed as (123)456-7891x112, the phone dials the following number: 01112345678919112 (I haven't listed the actual number in my records for obvious reasons. )

    This of course puts you in international callings for a domestic number!

    Please help

    Dwight Ore
    Flow-Tech, Inc

  2. #2
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewyfti View Post
    I have just installed Beta 1.10.4 in my Droid2 on Verizon.

    When I lookup a contact and try calling a number from that contact, it dials the number incorrectly.

    For example, for a phone number listed as (123)456-7891x112, the phone dials the following number: 01112345678919112 (I haven't listed the actual number in my records for obvious reasons. )

    This of course puts you in international callings for a domestic number!

    Please help

    Dwight Ore
    Flow-Tech, Inc
    Hi Dwight,

    A few questions.
    What is the OS version on your Droid2?
    Were you using a previous version of DejaOffice before installing 1.10.4?
    If yes, did this behavior occur in previous versions.
    What is the source of your contact info. (manually entered? synced from CompanionLink? Google Contacts? etc...)
    Is the phone # using a 10 digit format? Does the country code display in front of the number example 1-(510)555-1212x1234. or (510)555-1212.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2
    Android Version 2.2
    System version 2.4.330.A956.Verizon.en.us

    I don't believe i was having this problem prior to installing the beta DJO, but i have just found that some phone numbers appear to be dialing correctly - except the extension

    I don't know the last version of DJO as my phone is VERY new - it had to be one of the latest versions as I've only had my phone a couple weeks

    I use Companion Link Pro as my conduit - contacts are coming from MS Outlook 2007 and ACT 2010. CLP Version 4, Build 4028

    In DJO - the phone number shows as (410 )555-1212x111 yes there is a space after 410. No country code is displayed

    I took out the space and re-synced (DJO crashed after the sync, but the info did change on my droid2.) I tried dialing again with the same results. I have another contact in DJO with an area code-number then extension (same format as the previous number) - and that seems to dial fine except for the extension. The extension is tacked onto the end of the phone number - so the phone dials everything at once. I'm coming over from the Blackberry world where I used CLP to run this sync. The BB handled the extension fine - it dialed the area code and number, then a window would pop up asking if i wanted to dial the extension. I can't find a difference in the formatting between the two numbers.

    I switched over to the beta version of DJO because of the today widget. The first time I synced my droid - all the calendar info went into the droids calendar, and would display on the droid widget. My next sync had calendar changes - and these changes showed up in DJO, but not in the Droid calendar. I don't want to manually re-sync data between the two calendars everytime I sync my phone. It would be nice to have a couple days view of upcoming calendar events (like in the droid widget), instead of just whats happening today.

    Hope this helps - please let me know

    Dwight Ore
    Flow-Tech, Inc

  4. #4
    DejaOffice Team Ben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewyfti View Post
    For example, for a phone number listed as (123)456-7891x112, the phone dials the following number: 01112345678919112
    Dwight - The issue here is that the Droid 2 doesn't recognize "x" as a valid extension character. Instead, the phone ignores the "x", appends the extension to the telephone number, then assumes that the number is international since it isn't a valid US format.

    To fix the problem, change the extension character from "x" to ";". You make this change in CompanionLink, under Advanced Settings -> Phone Format.

    Incidentally, different Android devices use different characters for extensions, so this is not easily standardizable. For example, Motorola Android uses ";", I think some HTC devices use "w", among possible others.

  5. #5
    This also goes back to another problem which I have experienced and others have commented on as well:
    In Palm I was able to make notes in the Phone field (I.e. to differentiate 2 mobiles to be Private or Business)
    I would like to see the option to NOT dial the number directly but only parse it to the dialer, which would allow me to make changes to the number or delete characters out (also useful if you know the extension is similar to a number you have stored and would like to just change the last digit of it) before I press the dial button.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts