Closed Thread

Thread: Alarms on recurring entries in DejaCalendar

Alarms on recurring entries in DejaCalendar

Is it just me, or do recurring entries not alert? I have some recurring entries in my Palm desktop and they transfer over into DejaCal ok, but don't alert. When I tried to edit one (in DejaCal) I got a message saying "Editing recurring events coming soon." I'm using an Evo 4G and linking to Palm desktop 6.2.2.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Hi, Arch. This will be fixed in the next DejaOffice update (currently we're on 1.5.3). After you update DejaOffice, you'll want to set CompanionLink for a "reread" sync (from the options drop-down menu choose "Reread PC Data on next Sync"). This will send your alarms to DejaCal.

Thanks. I've put that in my DejaTasks list.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Correction: The next update of CompanionLink USB will fix this (currently we're on build 3099). A good rule of thumb is to check for updates to CompanionLink when you update DejaOffice, and vice versa, that way you have all of our latest fixes/features on both ends of the sync.

Eric, is CompanionLink USB the same as CompanionLink Express?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Ivan, we typically update CompanionLink USB and CompanionLink Express at the same time (so any fixes will be included in both). They are different programs. CompanionLink USB will sync Outlook or Palm Desktop to your Android. CompanionLink Express can also sync to ACT!, Lotus Notes, GoldMine (and more).

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Hi, Arch. This will be fixed in the next DejaOffice update (currently we're on 1.5.3). After you update DejaOffice, you'll want to set CompanionLink for a "reread" sync (from the options drop-down menu choose "Reread PC Data on next Sync"). This will send your alarms to DejaCal.
    I may have uncovered another issue. I performed the steps listed here since I was also experiencing the problem with alarms on recurring events, and after completing the sync I found that all but 2 of my category color codings has disappeared. Has anyone else had this happen?

DejaOffice Team Member
    BamBam, this "disappearing color coding" issue should be fixed with our next update to CompanionLink (currently we're on build 3100). We plan to post this update soon.

Getting back to the original question. I have the latest DO and CL and just did the "re-read" sync and it appears I still can't edit recurring calendar entries on the device. I don't know yet if it will alert but I should find out tonight. (it's an evening reminder). I'm guessing that's unchanged too. Is there a version I need to wait for and then do the re-read? It's not a huge deal, but would be nice.

Ah. I just looked at this: http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/sho...lease-schedule and saw there is going to be more attention to recurring events in 1.6.

Closed Thread