+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alarm (reminders) are not working!

Angry Alarm (reminders) are not working!

Welcome,
    I was thinking that in beta version problem with alarms is solved (in normal version of course also doesn't work). But is not true.

Please let me know if you are planning to do something with it and when. Events with alarms which comes from Outlook are NOT working. After I start DJO all alarms rings i one time (all which should ring earlier). Additionally alarms are not compatibile with Outlook - for example 2 week alarm will not work at all even after manual DJO start.

Without reliable alarms DJO is useless for me. Please let me know if I have any chance for quick repair (please give possible date if you can - no promices - declaration will be much more welcome).

My device is Galaxy S (I9000) with Android 2.2, I use Outlook 2007 and CompanionLink for Outlook (4.0 build 4030). DejaOffice 1.10.4 beta.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Have you tried a Purge and Reload? This can often help in these situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Have you tried a Purge and Reload? This can often help in these situations.
    Dear Thomas,
    thank you for reply. I tried Purge and Reload few times (problem no disappear). Sometimes everything works OK and sometimes just not (= not working if working for <100%). I changed stabile relase to beta. Few weeks ago I also changed Android from 2.1 to 2.2. I don't use any task killing software, DJO process is running.

For sure DJO has problems with alarms and as I can see many users can have the same problems. Please... take developer team and make it right. Since new user interface your program looks like it should and I really want to have it right.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by michau View Post
    Dear Thomas,
    thank you for reply. I tried Purge and Reload few times (problem no disappear). Sometimes everything works OK and sometimes just not (= not working if working for <100%). I changed stabile relase to beta. Few weeks ago I also changed Android from 2.1 to 2.2. I don't use any task killing software, DJO process is running.

For sure DJO has problems with alarms and as I can see many users can have the same problems. Please... take developer team and make it right. Since new user interface your program looks like it should and I really want to have it right.
    We want you to have it right too! We are working on this and will notify you as soon as we have fix in place.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    We want you to have it right too! We are working on this and will notify you as soon as we have fix in place.
    Great!
    If I can be helpful in some tests just let me know.

I am working now for a while with DJO/CL but I cann't get the alarms working fine. Sometimes it works sometimes not. Today I didn't got the alarms but in evening when I did the sync with Outlook all alarms from the whole day came up.

I don't use a task killer. I only use Autokiller with "Agressive" memory handling but that should be not a problem as I use the widget.

(Android 2.2.1 on Samsung Galaxy S (GT-I9000), DJO 1.10.4, CL 4.0.4030)

DejaOffice Team
    If you are using any kind of task killer app, especially an automated one, make sure DejaOffice is set as an exception to always stay running. If the DejaOffice process is ever killed alarms will not ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    If you are using any kind of task killer app, especially an automated one, make sure DejaOffice is set as an exception to always stay running. If the DejaOffice process is ever killed alarms will not ring.
    Yes - it's as clear as crystal.
    Not clear is why alarms not ring if DejaOffice process is running all the time...

Do you have any information about next beta (or stabile) version relase without this problem? Please let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I don't use a task killer but have memory limits to "aggressive". In addition I run the widget. For my understanding the widget should keep it alive!?
    Samsung Galaxy S (GT-I9000), Android 2.2.1, rooted, DJO 1.10.4, CL 4.0.4030

Similar problem with Samsung Galaxy II

No alarm notification is given no matter what the period set to, - sync with outlook OK but sometimes very slow.

Main problem is notification failure.

Also it'd be great to have a default notification setting rather than having to set it to on every time.

Cheers

+ Reply to Thread