Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alarm (reminders) are not working!

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redart View Post
    No alarm notification is given no matter what the period set to, - sync with outlook OK but sometimes very slow.

Main problem is notification failure.

Also it'd be great to have a default notification setting rather than having to set it to on every time.

Cheers
    Redart,

Default Alarm notification can be set like this:
    1. Open DejaOffice
    2. Tap Settings
    3. Tap alarm settings
    4. Set the Default alarm setting to your preference.
    DejaOffice 2.2.3beta has a number of Alarm fixes. You can try it now or wait for the General Release.

We have a few questions regarding your Galaxy S II.
    What operating system is installed?
    Has is recently updated to ICS?
    What version of DejaOffice is installed?

Not sure if I should post it here since it seems to be related), moderators feel free to move this:

I have a recurring alarm (my alarm clock for the morning :-).
    The initial notification is all good and always working (using it together with Palm Desktop).
    However, I have set DJO so it should repeat the Alarm every 5 minutes until I dismiss it.
    The alarm that is to be repeated does not always work!
    This is highly annoying since I might overhear the second alarm (my wife had to wake me already several times)
    The thing that puzzles me, it is not consistent:
    Since it is a recurring event, it simply should behave the same way every time, however this is not the case. Sometimes the 2nd Notification is there, sometimes it isn't!
    I first suspected that the vibration might activate a dismiss when the phone lays on its face, but this is not the case. I now always put my phone face up on the Bedside table.
    Also highly annoying on meetings, where I might overhear the first notification because I am not at my desk and the 2nd reminder never comes!
    (I am used to this being reliable from my Palm Treo, maybe have to go back still...)

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by marwerno View Post
    Not sure if I should post it here since it seems to be related), moderators feel free to move this:

I have a recurring alarm (my alarm clock for the morning :-).
    The initial notification is all good and always working (using it together with Palm Desktop).
    However, I have set DJO so it should repeat the Alarm every 5 minutes until I dismiss it.
    The alarm that is to be repeated does not always work!
    This is highly annoying since I might overhear the second alarm (my wife had to wake me already several times)
    The thing that puzzles me, it is not consistent:
    Since it is a recurring event, it simply should behave the same way every time, however this is not the case. Sometimes the 2nd Notification is there, sometimes it isn't!
    I first suspected that the vibration might activate a dismiss when the phone lays on its face, but this is not the case. I now always put my phone face up on the Bedside table.
    Also highly annoying on meetings, where I might overhear the first notification because I am not at my desk and the 2nd reminder never comes!
    (I am used to this being reliable from my Palm Treo, maybe have to go back still...)

Any ideas?
    Same thing on my phone. The first reminder will work, but it doesn't always notify at the correct snooze time. I can set it for 10 minutes and it will come up in 5 minutes, or I set it for 30 minutes and it will come in in 1 minute. But sometimes it will come up at the correct snooze time. It's not consistent. The second reminder seldom works.
    PC: Windows 7, 64 bit
    CompanionLink build #: Companionlink 8 for Outlook, Build 8039
    Data Manager App: Outlook 2010 64-bit
    Mobile Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (SM-N960F) Thailand;
    DejaOffice version#: 4_4_22_1143
    Sync Method with CompanionLink: DejaCloud
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts: Selected, sync with Android, Account = DejaOffice.
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Calendar: Not selected.
    Native Contacts Account: DejaOffice

Angry 2nd Alarm not working

Interesting:
    We both seem to have the same phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900)
    Deja Office Crew: Can you look into this?

I'll have QA look into this. We don't have a Note 3 on hand, but we'll see if we can get something with the same OS.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    I'll have QA look into this. We don't have a Note 3 on hand, but we'll see if we can get something with the same OS.
    New to the forum. Don't know if it is appropriate to jump in on a thread but I am having an alarm situation that is similar to what I have been reading here.

First, I have a new Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900A). I am operating from a Gateway quad-core desktop running an AMD Phenom 9600 chip. The OS is Vista 64-bit Home Premium w/SP1. I am syncing via Wi-Fi on CompanionLink with Palm Desktop program.

I have been getting a clean sync and have the data loaded. All the settings in DejaOffice/Calendar/S5 settings are set to have the alarm ring for appointments. I also have the vibrate feature set to on. When I the time to comes up, all I get is the vibration ... no sound! As mentioned above this is causing problems for me when I have to get up early for work or have to come back from lunch (I work in a noisy environment and the vibrate does not always get through the case to alert me.

I was hoping there would be some solution to the other problems cited but haven't seen anything that would solve my problem. It does seem that others are having problems with the alarm

rdemilliano, please be sure you have sound on for your phone.

Turn the phone on and go to the main Android Screen. Then press the Volume Up button on the left side. It will show a slider with volume. Whenever the volume is all the way to the left (down) you will get vibrate, but no sound for reminders.

I have found in the past that it was sometimes necessary to select the notification sound in the alarms settings. Even though it may appear that sound is selected, going through the process of selecting the sound seemed to "register" the sound in the system on Samsung S3 mini. Obviously your phone is new and it may be worth trying this. You should only have to do this once.
    Last edited by Cecil; 05-16-2014 at 02:28 PM. Reason: spelling
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 8.1.0
    DJO 4.4.11 (1131) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Lenovo Tab 4 8
    DJO 4.4.11(1131)
    WiFiSync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Another problem with alarms that I just had. I had an appointment at 12:00pm and at 1:00pm and they both came up at 2:29pm. But another appointment at 3:00pm came up at 3:01pm. I have this problem often with other alarms also. I cannot see any pattern, it just seems random.

Edit: Just had 2 appointments at 3:00pm come up at 3:29pm.
    Last edited by Eagle 3; 05-17-2014 at 01:32 AM.
    PC: Windows 7, 64 bit
    CompanionLink build #: Companionlink 8 for Outlook, Build 8039
    Data Manager App: Outlook 2010 64-bit
    Mobile Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (SM-N960F) Thailand;
    DejaOffice version#: 4_4_22_1143
    Sync Method with CompanionLink: DejaCloud
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts: Selected, sync with Android, Account = DejaOffice.
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Calendar: Not selected.
    Native Contacts Account: DejaOffice

Eagle3, we will post a new beta on Monday so can you try that please. I think we've got some work done for Android 4.4 devices.

Actually try this: http://www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp...DejaOffice.apk

This is the "secret" beta that doesn't have version number update or release notes. But this should be fine today. This is build 595.

The current "beta" release is build 593