Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Alarm (reminders) are not working!

I wrote a little program to text notifications and it worked fine. All notifications came up on time. I then sync'ed the calendar to the native calendar (S Planner) and all the notifications came up as they should. I then installed Google calendar and notifications worked fine as well.

I installed beta 3.1.2 on a Note 2 with Android 4.3 and had the same results with notifications as on my Note 3, many notifications are 3 minutes late.

So, there is something wrong with DJOA versions 2.5.9 and 3.1.2 not handling notifications correctly. I currently have notifications disabled in DJOA and enabled in S Planner so that they come up at the proper time.

Should I email the log to support?
    PC: Windows 7, 64 bit
    CompanionLink build #: Companionlink 9 for Outlook, Build 9012
    Data Manager App: Outlook 2010 64-bit
    Mobile Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ (SM-N975F) Thailand;
    DejaOffice version#: 4_4_30.1199
    Sync Method with CompanionLink: DejaCloud
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts: Selected, sync with Android, Account = DejaOffice.
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Calendar: Not selected.
    Native Contacts Account: DejaOffice

I wrote a little program to text notifications and it worked fine. All notifications came up on time. I then sync'ed the calendar to the native calendar (S Planner) and all the notifications came up as they should. I then installed Google calendar and notifications worked fine as well.

I installed beta 3.1.2 on a Note 2 with Android 4.3 and had the same results with notifications as on my Note 3, many notifications are 3 minutes late.

So, there is something wrong with DJOA versions 2.5.9 and 3.1.2 not handling notifications correctly. I currently have notifications disabled in DJOA and enabled in S Planner so that they come up at the proper time.

Should I email the log to support?
    PC: Windows 7, 64 bit
    CompanionLink build #: Companionlink 9 for Outlook, Build 9012
    Data Manager App: Outlook 2010 64-bit
    Mobile Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ (SM-N975F) Thailand;
    DejaOffice version#: 4_4_30.1199
    Sync Method with CompanionLink: DejaCloud
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts: Selected, sync with Android, Account = DejaOffice.
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Calendar: Not selected.
    Native Contacts Account: DejaOffice

Yes, turn on logging, Set an alarm for just a minute or two, then log it not ringing on time. Email DejaOffice log to support@dejaoffice.com.

Mine are all working on time, so I can't see quite what it might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle 3 View Post
    When I have more than one notification, I can only snooze the first one. With second or third one, tapping on snooze does nothing. Dismiss does work however. This is with 4.1 notification style.
    This BUG also occurs on my Android 4.3 phone. Everything is the latest: CL 6044, DOF latest.

Exclamation

My opinion:
    CompanionLink and DejaOffice is extremely BUGGY.
    They will never be bug-free, I'm totally sure about this.
    Put whatever you like here.
    Last edited by DJOCTO; 06-06-2016 at 11:36 AM.

@Arpad, you are welcome to your opinion, but this is just out-and-out trolling --ad hominem personal attacks.

I've never seen a program of any reasonable complexity without bugs and this is an extremely complex program bridging between a large number of highly variant CRM programs and devices. They are responsive in addressing problems and in making fixes available, including in-house channels, and working with the customer over the phone. As for all the bug reports in this forum, there are 62 active users in this forum. That's not even a measurable fraction of their user base. People go to forums to report problems. They don't go to forums most of the time to say how smooth everything is going. As for documentation, they have quite a bit on-line. How many Android apps do you have with thorough documentation?

I have used Companion Link and DJO for several years now with surprisingly few problems. Where problems do occur, many people here participate in the trouble-shooting to help improve the program. I have found their customer service to be quite good. Sometimes it takes them a while to answer the forum, but they do and you can always call them.

It's very simple. If CL and DJO don't work the way you think they should, move on and find something better. Good luck to you.
    Last edited by Hook; 04-23-2015 at 08:06 AM.
    DejaOffice PC CRM Standalone, Windows 10 Home Version ver. 1903
    DejaOffice 4.4.21 (Android), Moto G6, stock Android 9), May 2019 security patch.*
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S, LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2), August 2019 security patch.
    DejaCloud Sync (PC and phone), USB Sync (Tablet).

*Temporary phone after my Nexus 6p died, holding out for this phone as a replacement: https://www.fxtec.com/pro1/

I totally agree with Hook.

DJO is probably one of most complex Android apps around. Android app developers have to cope with so many variations in the Android OS (each manufacturer is free to tinker with the OS) , different screen sizes etc.

It is no surprise that occasional bugs turn up from time to time.

I cannot understand why any developer would deliberately leave known bugs in an app if they can easily be fixed.

I am happy to try out the beta and inhouse versions and provide feedback. I have had good responses to any feedback either through this forum or through the feedback forms. Only one minor issue has ever not been fully resolved. My phone does not have persistent alarms if I set Alarm Notifications to Android 4.1 but works perfectly if I set to Android 2.0, so I don't have a problem. Since no one else has reported this problem on the forum it may be specific to my setup.

I would happily recommend DejaOffice to any potential user. I would like the DJO team to update the "Classroom" as there have been a lot of changes with additional features since the "Classroom" was put up on the web. This would be a great help to new users.

A very happy user.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 8.1.0
    DJO 4.4.11 (1131) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Lenovo Tab 4 8
    DJO 4.4.11(1131)
    WiFiSync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Thanks guys.

Arpad, I'm sorry I haven't fulfilled my role in your eyes. There was a time when CompanionLiink just went from one place to another place (actually Goldmine to Palm 1.0 was the first). The code was simple and it was easy to maintain.

Somehow over ensuing 18 years, we have been through dozens of handheld OS versions, and hundreds of PIM destinations. It's a task that has grown beyond all of us.

I have to say, that most of the issues here on the forums, are actually what I call "detail issues". That is; they are only reported because we have so many people using the product, that we're hashing out things that most developers never see. The alarm drift issue is tied to a certain number of Android OS phones with notification problems. Unfortunately, our fix for those phones has resulted in problems with phones that do NOT have notification problems. The phone number display issue you mentioned is a Palm OS feature that we missed when we built the Android OS version.

I don't need to make excuses. It is what it is. In 25 years of handling PC sync I've seen and heard a lot of stuff. I'm sorry that we haven't satisfied what you need.

Since installing DejaOffice several days ago, my task alarms have consistently rung 3 minutes later than the time I specified. So far, the calendar alarms seem accurate. I just turned logging on and set up a test task, and this time the alarm rang 12 minutes late. I sent the log as soon as the alarm rang.

Without accurate alarms, DejaOffice is useless to me. Unfortunately, the very old PDA that it replaced cannot be synchronized with a PC running Windows 10, or I would revert to that.

Blu Pure XL phone, Android 5.1, DejaOffice 4.1.3 build 906, synchronizing with Office 2016.

index4u, welcome to the forum.

Try resetting your hone. Some of the androids seem to get in a state where the notification times are a bit off from the clock. Field reports are that rebooting seems to fix this.