+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Contacts: List shows Work Fax, not Work number

Contacts: List shows Work Fax, not Work number

I recently installed 1.9.8 on my HTC Desire (2.2 unrooted), mainly for DejaContacts. I then synced about 550 contacts from Outlook via CompanionLink. DejaContacts mostly works fine, but I soon discovered that the main contacts list displays the Work Fax number for contacts rather than their Work number.

I just upgraded to 1.10.4 beta and still see the problem. However, I've found that if I edit a contact (even just delete a character and re-type it) then when I return to the list it now shows the Work number as (I think) it should.

Maybe this is a sync problem rather than a DejaContacts problem, but it still would be nice to have it fixed.

Thanks.

DejaOffice Team
    This should have been fixed in the 1.10.0 update. You may want to try a re-read sync. Open CompanionLink Setup, go to Options, then Re-read PC data on next sync" and then run a regular sync. Be patient. This sync will update all records your phone which will cause this single sync to run more slowly.

I just tried your suggestion, and on the PC side it did slowly go though all 550+ contacts. However, DejaContacts on my phone is still showing Work Fax rather than Work numbers in its list. I tried changing the sort order from Company to Last Name and then back to Company, but this refresh didn't fix it either.

Other suggestions?

Thanks.

I checked my HTC Shift and it does the same as jw113's. I'm also running 1.10.4

How does Contacts decide which number to display on the main list? The first in the list, or is there a setting?
    Last edited by colecaz; 02-13-2011 at 12:12 PM.

I just updated to 1.10.5, but the problem remains: contacts having Work Fax number still show that number in contacts list (which isn't likely to be the first number I want...)

DejaOffice Team
    This issue will be fixed in the next Companionlink update, build 4032. You may need to do a re-read for the fix to take an effect.

Thanks. Any estimate of when 4032 will be available? Days? Weeks? Months?

Just updated to 1.10.7 and CL b4032, and problem seems to be resolved: contacts now show Business or Home phone in contact list.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Glad things have smoothed out for you.

+ Reply to Thread