Thread: Galaxie S to Palm Desktop via USB

Galaxie S to Palm Desktop via USB

I'm a new user that had been able to sync two days in a row to my Palm Desktop on the PC. When it stopped working yesterday, I called support @ Companionlink and Amber walked me thru an update to the current DejaOffice beta version and miracle of miracles...sync complete. I went to sync this morning...no luck. I called Companionlink support(sat on hold for 40 minutes), Nathan asked if I'd downloaded the Samsung drivers...I hadn't. After loading the appropriate driver, I tried to sync again...no luck. I keep getting the same message on the droid...
    "SORRY...the application Deja Office (process com.companionlink.clubsync) has stopped unexpectedly." Please try again. This is followed by a hot button that reads, Force Close. I tried calling Companionlink support back but sat on hold for another 35 minutes before getting a message saying they couldn't help me before closing. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

DejaOffice Team
    The "force close" message you are getting may be due to data corruption in your database. Contact DejaOffice support (www.dejaoffice.com/support) and let them know your issue. They can help you retrieve your database for us to analyze and figure out the problem.

If you'd prefer not to go through that you can try a simple "Purge and Reload." Open CompanionLink Setup and select options then Purge and Reload All, and then run a sync. This will wipe out all of the data in DejaOffice and reload it with fresh data from the PC.

Jason, thanks for the response. I like the idea of the Purge & Reload so please excuse a neophite question. Since the error message I'm receiving is on the Droid, is that avoided because of the type of message the Droid would receive from the PC when the Purge & Reload setting is active on the CompanionLink desktop?

Jason,
    I thought I'd give you an update. The Purge & Reload wasn't helpful since the sync wasn't able to launch at all. I got back through to CompanionLink support (Napoleon) who walked through everything we've done and said he'd kick it to the next level of support and they'd get back to me...that was Thurs. afternoon. Having heard nothing by yesterday(Monday) morning, my frustration forced me to uninstall the DejaDesk from the droid. I reinstalled the older version (pre beta). Voila...it syncs...numerous times. The older version of Dejadesk doesn't have the nearly perfect reflection of the PalmDesktop functionality that the beta version has...but it syncs. Is it possible there's a glitch in the beta version that messes with the sync function when running on the Galaxy S?

DejaOffice Team
    ckurtz999-
    This sounds like an issue that can be solved with your a log of your database. The next level support techs should be looking into getting this from you. Thanks for the info about downgrading back to 1.9.8. This helps in our investigation.

Jason,
    After not hearing back from Tech Support, I called again today. After a short (15 Minute)wait on hold, I finally got ahold of
    a young lady at level 2. She had me on hold for another 5 minutes reviewing the notes of my case. She noted receiving the log but couldn't seem to locate it. She put me back on hold and after 5 minutes more, cut me off. Of course, nobody bothered to call me back. Having no other option, I called back in and waited 15 more minutes. This brought me to 3:00 PM at which time I got the automated message that Tech Support would be closing at 4:00 PM and they would be too busy to take any other calls......PLESE....If you have any input, ask for a little common sense. When a tech is helping someone that gets cutoff (especially when it's their system that cut the customer off) CALL THEM BACK.

DejaOffice Team
    ckurtz999-
    Do you get the force close message as soon as DejaOffice opens, or when you select Sync? I know in the past there have been some cases where DejaOffice my crash when starting the sync with the USB drive mounted to the PC. Make sure when you connect your phone to the PC it is in "Charge Only" or "Charging" mode. If you do not have these options, select Mass Storage, but make sure you DO NOT select "Mount" before opening DejaOffice?

Jason,

I was briefly excited. My phone was connected with "charging" selected. I opened DejaOffice, hit sync and it began the process, got a few pop-ups and proceeded to complete. All data synced. I decided to test the process. Made a change in the Palm Desktop calander and attempted to sync a second time. Connected again selecting "charging", opened DjO and hit sync.
    This time it shows the sync process on the phone and is waiting for the PC to respond...no activity on the PC at all. It's been 10 minutes with no activity.....I tried initiating the sync process from CompanionLink screen I opened on the PC, it says to begin from the phone but nothing further happens. How do I safely stop the process on the phone and why wouldn't it work the second time?

Jason,
    We're making progress. It seems the problem is in the sequence I followed. I never saw anything telling me to start DejaOffice before connecting to the PC and all previous notation said if using the Galaxy S, I should select Mass Storage. I opened DjO, connected using "charging", selected sync and SUCCESS. I tried the same sequence selecting "Mass Storage" and got the "force close" error message. I made a calendar change on the PC, opened DjO, selected "charging" then sync and once again SUCCESS. My only problem now is that my catagory colors on the Galaxy didn't sync correctly with the PalmDesktop settings. If I adjust them manually on the Galaxy, will they remain or re-scramble?