Thread: Calendar problems in a Samsung Fascinate

Calendar problems in a Samsung Fascinate

Overall I like DejaOffice very much, but I have a few problems I can't solve. To try to solve them, I recently moved from the public release to the beta release, but the problems are still there.

1. Recurring appointments sometimes appear on the calendar 1 hour later than they should. This can happen when I turn on the phone or even when I look at a different month and then return to the current day. Sometimes it is fixed when I move to a different day and then return. Sometimes it requires a rebuild of the calendar from Settings. But sometimes the only solution is to power off the phone and then turn it back on.

2. For a recurring appointment, if I delete one instance because the meeting that week is canceled, although the appointment doesn't appear on the calendar, the alarm still rings as if it were still there.

3. This is a new problem, only a few days old. Perhaps it is connected to Verizon's downloading of a slightly updated version of the Android operating system, but perhaps not. Now when the alarm for an appointment goes off, in fact two alarms go off, one from DejaOffice and one from the Android calendar (I think!).

I would appreciate any help I can get on solving these irksome problems.

Mel

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mel View Post
    Overall I like DejaOffice very much, but I have a few problems I can't solve. To try to solve them, I recently moved from the public release to the beta release, but the problems are still there.

1. Recurring appointments sometimes appear on the calendar 1 hour later than they should. This can happen when I turn on the phone or even when I look at a different month and then return to the current day. Sometimes it is fixed when I move to a different day and then return. Sometimes it requires a rebuild of the calendar from Settings. But sometimes the only solution is to power off the phone and then turn it back on.

2. For a recurring appointment, if I delete one instance because the meeting that week is canceled, although the appointment doesn't appear on the calendar, the alarm still rings as if it were still there.

3. This is a new problem, only a few days old. Perhaps it is connected to Verizon's downloading of a slightly updated version of the Android operating system, but perhaps not. Now when the alarm for an appointment goes off, in fact two alarms go off, one from DejaOffice and one from the Android calendar (I think!).

I would appreciate any help I can get on solving these irksome problems.

Mel
    Hi Mel,

I have instructed users to verify their time zone and daylight savings time settings on their devices when they run into problems like this. It isn't always the solution but I would definitely start there. Especially if you recently downloaded a carrier update.
    Let us know if the problem persists.

I went into the phone setup and checked the Date & time setting. It is set to "Automatic", using the network-provided values, which seems correct to me.