Recurring Appoints Off by1 Hour in AZ

Stock Droid 2 w/Blur (shudder)
    Android 2.2
    Verizon Wireless
    Outlook 2003
    USB Sync
    DejaOffice 1.10.4
    CompanionLink V4 (Build 4029) [licensed]

When I allow Android to "automatic"-ly set my Date & Time while I am in Arizona then all re-occurring appoints are 1 hour late. (EX: 12:30pm in Outlook is at 13:30 in DejaOffice).

When I set the time zone by hand (Arizona GMT-7:00) while I am in Arizona then all re-occurring appoints are at the right time.

It does not appear to matter who set the re-occurring appointment or what their native time zone is.

Singleton appointments are not effected - either way.

Reminder - AZ NEVER goes on daylight savings time so it is on Mountain time in the Winter and Pacific time in the Summer.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Hi Loki,
    Arizona is on Mountain Standard Time year round and that can get a little frustrating. Especially if you visit there regularly.
    There is a big difference between the date time setting and the time zone setting.
    The device does not change time zone settings for a reason.
    Let me give you an example. Imagine you live close to a state line that is also a time zone border.
    You have the phone/network managing date/time and the zone for you. You set an appointment for the future but your phone was pulling time zone data from a tower across the border in a different time zone.
    There is a very real chance that a similar problem would then pop up in that scenario because the "phone/network" was also managing your time zone settings. Then you would have to check your phone settings every time you set an appointment to make sure you were set to the right zone. And what would happen if the network was down and you wanted to schedule an appointment, but you were getting time zone data dynamically from the carrier? It can get more complicated than it looks.

I just keep it straight in my head that the date and time on my phone is one thing and the Time Zone is something I own. If I make an appointment or I am relying on a device to remind me for an appointment when I am traveling, I need to make sure I have the right time zone setting in my device. You will see variations of this problem across different wireless networks and devices and different applications working along with them.
    I always check my watch and electronic devices manually when I switch time zones. This includes Date Time and Zone. They are three different settings, regardless of how the UI on a device or inside an application presents it.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Stock Droid 2 w/Blur (shudder)
    Android 2.2
    Verizon Wireless
    Outlook 2003
    USB Sync
    DejaOffice 1.10.4
    CompanionLink V4 (Build 4029) [licensed]

When I allow Android to "automatic"-ly set my Date & Time while I am in Arizona then all re-occurring appoints are 1 hour late. (EX: 12:30pm in Outlook is at 13:30 in DejaOffice).

When I set the time zone by hand (Arizona GMT-7:00) while I am in Arizona then all re-occurring appoints are at the right time.

It does not appear to matter who set the re-occurring appointment or what their native time zone is.

Singleton appointments are not effected - either way.

Reminder - AZ NEVER goes on daylight savings time so it is on Mountain time in the Winter and Pacific time in the Summer.
    All that being said. CompanionLink is working trying to cut through the red tape on all of this. We will keep the forums updated on our progress with this.

+ Reply to Thread