+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DejaOffice WiFi sync problems with Outlook and Fascinate

Thumbs down DejaOffice WiFi sync problems with Outlook and Fascinate

After a couple of months of frustrating set up issues; I finally have the software set up to stop duplicating appointments, notes and contacts.

Nonetheless, the WiFi Sync continues to be a challenge on daily basis:

1. I have followed step-by-step the process to sync; but one day it syncs right away, then the following day it will not sync at all
    2. The IP Address hasnt changed in either the Droid or the Outlook settings
    3. After initiating the sync from the DejaOffice Software in the Droid, I start the sync from the software in the computer. The Droid will start syncing the Droid Software, but the computer never connects to finish a successful sync
    4. The DejaOffice computer software has a tendency of closing Outlook 2007 during the syncing process; this creates an error as the DejaOffice Sycn Software cannot find the source of information to sync correctly

This software has been very counterproductive, as I spend too much time trying to make sure it works.
    Last edited by pdubon@meicompany.com; 02-16-2011 at 11:30 AM. Reason: added one more bullet

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pdubon@meicompany.com View Post
    After a couple of months of frustrating set up issues; I finally have the software set up to stop duplicating appointments, notes and contacts.

Nonetheless, the WiFi Sync continues to be a challenge on daily basis:

1. I have followed step-by-step the process to sync; but one day it syncs right away, then the following day it will not sync at all
    2. The IP Address hasnt changed in either the Droid or the Outlook settings
    3. After initiating the sync from the DejaOffice Software in the Droid, I start the sync from the software in the computer. The Droid will start syncing the Droid Software, but the computer never connects to finish a successful sync
    4. The DejaOffice computer software has a tendency of closing Outlook 2007 during the syncing process; this creates an error as the DejaOffice Sycn Software cannot find the source of information to sync correctly

This software has been very counterproductive, as I spend too much time trying to make sure it works.
    Sorry to hear things have been frustrating.

#1. What type of Android device are you Syncing to? What OS is it running?
    #2. Good job verifying the IP address info had not changed.
    #3. What happens when you start the Sync process in CompanionLink on your computer desktop first?
    #4 Outlook closing during the sync process...I definitely suggest contacting support for the WiFi sync issues and Outlook 2007 closing.
    http://www.companionlink.com/support/
    If sync is not working without Outlook open there may be a configuration issue.
    Does Outlook have to be open for the WiFI sync to work?
    When Outlook closes, is an error message generated?

Continue to have Outlook and Android Sync issues using DejaOffice Software

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

Fascinate. Windows 7 Professional
    #3. What happens when you start the Sync process in CompanionLink on your computer desktop first? It automatically switches to "Connecting" but it doesn't connect at all and it goes into a endless loop
    #4 Outlook closing during the sync process...I definitely suggest contacting support for the WiFi sync issues and Outlook 2007 closing. Contacting support has not proven to be much help. The feel I get when I contacted support was that unless I purchase their additional support plan, they are not to eager to assist.
    I even upgraded to to Outlook 2010 and the same problem happens with the sync process.
    If Outlook is NOT open, sync cannot find the folders from Outlook to sync the Android
    Yes, it basically states it cannot find the folders and I believe it gives me a 401 error message

I tried to answer your questions in blue font following your question.

Thanks for your reply!

Why is the webmaster not posting the reply I sent out yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

#3. What happens when you start the Sync process in CompanionLink on your computer desktop first?
    #4 Outlook closing during the sync process...I definitely suggest contacting support for the WiFi sync issues and Outlook 2007 closing.
    I submitted a reply to Thomas' questions; why is the webmaster blocking my reply? [/COLOR]

The DejaOffice sync issue has been so counterproductive, I finally had to delete the software from my computer and my Android; besides being a waste of money, it was a tremendous waste of time.[/COLOR]

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pdubon@meicompany.com View Post
    The DejaOffice sync issue has been so counterproductive, I finally had to delete the software from my computer and my Android; besides being a waste of money, it was a tremendous waste of time.[/COLOR]
    Hi Porf,

Please see the private message I sent you.

Thomas

+ Reply to Thread