Thread: Two address entries with the same name synch to one entry in DJO !?

Question Two address entries with the same name synch to one entry in DJO !?

Hi guys,

I came to the conclusion that when I have two people with the same name in Palm Desktop they synch to just one record in DJO with the fields garbled up.
    Can I do anything about it? Should there not be a unique indexing ID? Am I doing anything wrong?

Otherwise I must say I have now been using DJO in a production environment for over 3 months and I am very happy about it! Good job!

Cheers,

Miguel

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    Hi guys,

I came to the conclusion that when I have two people with the same name in Palm Desktop they synch to just one record in DJO with the fields garbled up.
    Can I do anything about it? Should there not be a unique indexing ID? Am I doing anything wrong?

Otherwise I must say I have now been using DJO in a production environment for over 3 months and I am very happy about it! Good job!

Cheers,

Miguel
    Hi Miguel,

So glad you are happy with the product.
    Interesting behavior. Is this a new problem or something you have been tracking for a while? Have you tried doing a Purge and Reload? Did that help?
    I also have few questions for you about your configuration:
    Android device and OSversion?
    CompanionLink Version and build.
    Palm Desktop Version

Thanks

Hi Thomas,

I don't know if it happens systematically. I just found out by chance as I was calling wrong phone numbers.
    I have:
    Gygabyte Codfish (Boston)
    Android 2.1
    Companionlink v 4 build 4026
    Palm Desktop 6.2.2
    I haven't done a purge and reload yet. What I did was add a 3rd surname into one of the accounts to make it distinguishable from the other, and that works.
    Let's leave this issue on stand-by to see if anybody else has the same problem.
    Regards,
    Miguel

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    Hi Thomas,

I don't know if it happens systematically. I just found out by chance as I was calling wrong phone numbers.
    I have:
    Gygabyte Codfish (Boston)
    Android 2.1
    Companionlink v 4 build 4026
    Palm Desktop 6.2.2
    I haven't done a purge and reload yet. What I did was add a 3rd surname into one of the accounts to make it distinguishable from the other, and that works.
    Let's leave this issue on stand-by to see if anybody else has the same problem.
    Regards,
    Miguel
    I would update to the latest build of CompanionLink (4032) and then do a purge and reload.
    Verify the data is as desired on the PC side prior to purge and reload.

Let us know how things go.