+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DejaOffice Classroom - A Complete Guide & Walkthrough for DejaOffice

Hybrid View

Post DejaOffice Classroom - A Complete Guide & Walkthrough for DejaOffice

We are happy to announce the grand opening of the DejaOffice Classroom!

The Classroom is a great place to start if you're new to DejaOffice for Android. It features a full walkthrough of the software with lots of screenshots and how-tos.

www.dejaoffice.com/classroom/android

Let us know how we can make it even better - we'd love to hear what you think!

DejaOffice Team
    The CompanionLink Setup guide (with video!) is also a good resource.

http://www.companionlink.com/support...droid-usb.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kaena View Post
    We are happy to announce the grand opening of the DejaOffice Classroom!

The Classroom is a great place to start if you're new to DejaOffice for Android. It features a full walkthrough of the software with lots of screenshots and how-tos.

www.dejaoffice.com/classroom/android

Let us know how we can make it even better - we'd love to hear what you think!
    My suggestion relates to Companion Link for Outlook (heceforth CLO). I may have missed it but it is not clear how one upgrades from one version to another. My Build is currently 4029. When I hit FILE/UPGRADE in the PC's CLO screen get a popup VERIFICATION screen which also says UPGRADE USING OUR ONLINE STORE. Clicking on this takes me to the Store and my only options seem to be to buy CLO for $39.95, at which point I stop all action.

Am I supposed to upgrade via this purchase link? Or is there some separate path which I have not yet found?

What are the upgrade instructions: does one upgrade over the previous version, or does one uninstall CLO & then do a fresh install?

What would be helpful would be a separate UPGRADE link somewhere, with a notice advising what CLO Build Version is the latest one, so that one can check whether one needs to upgrade.

Hi vernonk,

You're right, this could be made a bit more clear. To download the latest software update, visit this page - http://www.companionlink.com/downloads/updates.html

The upgrade option refers to purchasing an upgrade to a higher version of CompanionLink. Hope this clears things up!

Hello

I'm new using Android and have already tried Companionlink and DejaOffice. It scrambled my data and I needed a lot of time to clean up.
    I've already red the class room but I'm still confused because I found a lot of details but miss the big picture.
    I'm using local Outlook 2007 at home, Exchange in the office and a HTC Desire Z in the middle with the native HTC calendar and contacts and DejaOffice.
    When I use the built in Exchange sync and HTC sync I see data of two separated accounts in my phone. I don't see them with DejaOffice.
    What's exactly the sync chain between all of these data?
    What syncs with which partner?
    Which account on the Android is involved with which part?
    What should be emptied before starting?

I'd really apprechiate an update of the classroom which answers these questions starting from top (big picture) to down (details of settings).
    Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,
    Andreas

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas17 View Post
    Hello

I'm new using Android and have already tried Companionlink and DejaOffice. It scrambled my data and I needed a lot of time to clean up.
    I've already red the class room but I'm still confused because I found a lot of details but miss the big picture.
    I'm using local Outlook 2007 at home, Exchange in the office and a HTC Desire Z in the middle with the native HTC calendar and contacts and DejaOffice.
    When I use the built in Exchange sync and HTC sync I see data of two separated accounts in my phone. I don't see them with DejaOffice.
    What's exactly the sync chain between all of these data?
    What syncs with which partner?
    Which account on the Android is involved with which part?
    What should be emptied before starting?

I'd really apprechiate an update of the classroom which answers these questions starting from top (big picture) to down (details of settings).
    Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,
    Andreas
    Hello Andreas,

Thanks for asking this question.
    DejaOffice can only sync on the Android side with one account for Contacts, and one account for Calendar.
    You can determine which account you have selected to sync with by following these steps:
    1. open DejaOffice and tap Settings>Sync Settings.
    2. Note the entries in the following two fields:
    Contact Account -
    Calendar Account -

These are the Accounts that DejaOffice will sync Contact and Calendar Data if the sync function is turned on.
    You can verify if Syncing is turned on by checking the following two settings:
    Sync with Android Contacts is checked
    Sync with Android Calendar is checked

You can read more about our recommended settings for these functions here:
    http://www.companionlink.com/support...droid_Calendar

So DejaOffice can be set up to sync with Native applications as outlined above.
    One thing to note, Native Android sync is always a two way sync. Android data and DejaOffice/Outlook data will always merge.
    So if you turn this feature on and already have Contacts and Calendar events in the Native Android apps it can create duplicates if the same or similar data is already in DejaOffice or in Outlook.

Some users specifically create a new account in Android to Sync with to avoid duplicates syncing into DejaOffice and Outlook.
    Some users clear the data in Native Android Contacts and Calendar to prevent duplicates.
    Some users Sync everything and clean up Outlook manually, then sync again.
    The primary reason for Syncing Native with the native Android Contacts app is so when a text or phone call comes in from a Contact, their personal information displays in Android Messaging and or Phone application.

This is short overview.
    I suspect that Syncing with Native Contacts and or Calendars is turned off in DejaOffice.
    Please post your settings here before changing them. I would hate to create a mess with your data.
    I would be happy to walk you through any changes or ideas you have to maximize your DejaOffice/CompanionLink experience.

I can respond much faster to your questions about DejaOffice if you include the following information in your Signature:
    Mobile Device and OS
    DejaOffice version#
    CompanionLink build #
    Data Manager App (Outlook ACT! PalmDesktop etc..)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.
    Also - Please avoid using terms like, "Latest Update", that can mean too many things. Version # is greatly appreciated.

Lost Data

Recently I had to upgrade to Windows 7. At some point after I upgraded and synced I lost part of each address in most my Business and Home Addresses. (Line 2: Street Address or Line 3: City, State & zip) I have 908 contacts and plan on slowly reentering the missing data as I can reconstruct it on my desktop but I sure don't want to do it more than once. Do you have any idea what may have caused this random deleation. It occurred in about 75% of my listings. I cannot find any common thread such as contacts that had two addresses, those that only had a business address, etc. There does not seem to be any similarity. I checked the fields I asked to sync and they include all the data that I am now missing.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

John Kloman (aka "Ken")
    Windows 7 (SP1) 64 bit
    AMD Phenom II X4 840 Processor 3.2GHZ
    3.2 GB Ram
    Android Incredible
    DejaOffice v. 2.1.9
    Companion Link 5.0 (Build 5028)
    Outlook 2003 (SP3)
    Sync via USB cable (Mass Storage Mode)
    Personal folders for Contacts, Calendar and Notes set to sync both ways.
    Wipe is not checked anywhere
    Tasks do not sync.
    No category filters

With CL 5028 you should be safe.
    There was a glitch in 5026 that could lead to issues with the address mapping. There are other threads discussing the issue and it is listed in the release notes as well.
    Make sure to verify the mapping in CL before syncing again:
    Work Address: Business Address Street
    Home Address: Home Address Street

HTH
    McL
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

+ Reply to Thread