Thread: DJO Contacts and android contacts

DJO Contacts and android contacts

Not sure if I know how this is supposed to work. When should I get the 'add call to deja contacts' prompt? When I place a call or receive a call?

Should my deja contacts that came over from outlook be preset contacts that cannot be edited in android contacts?

Can I add a contact to android contacts and then 'read android data' to get them to deja contacts?

This newbie will appreciate any comments. I tried to do some searching but could not find the specific info that I am looking for.

New contacts from phone

I am very interested in getting the answer to this question because it is also a problem for me.
    I apologise if there is an obvious solution but, for the moment, if someone calls me I have no easy way to record his number. If I use the standard Android functionality on my Galaxy S, it is just crushed during my next Dejaoffice synchronisation. So I have to enter manually a new contact in DejaContacts, etc. Not very convenient... Any solution ?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobinraymoremo View Post
    Not sure if I know how this is supposed to work. When should I get the 'add call to deja contacts' prompt? When I place a call or receive a call?

Should my deja contacts that came over from outlook be preset contacts that cannot be edited in android contacts?

Can I add a contact to android contacts and then 'read android data' to get them to deja contacts?

This newbie will appreciate any comments. I tried to do some searching but could not find the specific info that I am looking for.
    Hello Bobinramoreno,

My first question would be, have you configured DejaOffice to Sync with the native Android Contacts application?
    My next questions would be - What Account is DejaOffice configured to Sync with?

Theoretical scenario -
    DejaOffice is configured to Sync with Native Android Contacts to a Gmail account.
    Android device is configured to save new contacts to a different account "People, Phone, or aa different GMail account".
    The newly entered contacts will not sync to DejaOffice (or your PC) because DejaOffice reads a different "Account". I like to think of Android "Accounts" as separate databases.

So if you save a new contact in the Native Android Contacts application to the "Account" that DejaOffice syncs with, it will synce over the next time you sync or the next time you tap the "Read Android Data" icon in the Main DejaOffice Suite.

my contacts show in DJO on my htc rezound but not in the native app on the phone....what can i do to get them there?
    i did the setting & sync stuff & longpress deal!

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hbcasurfer View Post
    my contacts show in DJO on my htc rezound but not in the native app on the phone....what can i do to get them there?
    i did the setting & sync stuff & longpress deal!
    hbcasurfer:
    My next questions would be - What Account is DejaOffice configured to Sync with on your Android Device?

Greeting all - this thread seems to be along the line of my question.
    I just moved to this enviroment from Blackberry.
    I have ~4k contacts synced between Act & DejaContact.
    Do I have to duplicate all those contacts by syncing the Android Contact 'database' with the DejaContact database in order for the phone
    to tell me the name of the person contacting me?

thx
    Act 2010 v 12.1.181.0
    CompanionLink Pro 5.0 build 5028
    DejaOffice 2.19.9 (264)
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    - Android 4.0.2
    sync via usb

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfh View Post
    Greeting all - this thread seems to be along the line of my question.
    I just moved to this enviroment from Blackberry.
    I have ~4k contacts synced between Act & DejaContact.
    Do I have to duplicate all those contacts by syncing the Android Contact 'database' with the DejaContact database in order for the phone
    to tell me the name of the person contacting me?

thx
    jfh,

That is correct.
    If you have questions about how to do that let us know.

A few basic things to keep in mind:
    We suggest using a Gmail account to Sync to and not a "phone" or "backup assistant" account.
    Be sure to turn of the GoogleSync function for the gmail account in the Android Device settings.
    http://www.companionlink.com/support...Android_device

To prevent duplicates, I suggest clearing the contact records in the account, then creating 1 placeholder contact record.

See this Link for help setting this up:
    http://www.companionlink.com/support...d_applications

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    jfh,

That is correct.
    If you have questions about how to do that let us know.

A few basic things to keep in mind:
    We suggest using a Gmail account to Sync to and not a "phone" or "backup assistant" account.
    Be sure to turn of the GoogleSync function for the gmail account in the Android Device settings.
    http://www.companionlink.com/support...Android_device

To prevent duplicates, I suggest clearing the contact records in the account, then creating 1 placeholder contact record.

See this Link for help setting this up:
    http://www.companionlink.com/support...d_applications
    Thanks Thomas.
    As a former database deisgner I'm not too keen on duplicating data, but you have to use the tools that are available.
    I don't fully understand it all yet but you've given me enough to move forward and test some stuff out.
    Thanks again!
    jim
    Act 2010 v 12.1.181.0
    CompanionLink Pro 5.0 build 5028
    DejaOffice 2.19.9 (264)
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    - Android 4.0.2
    sync via usb

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfh View Post
    Thanks Thomas.
    As a former database deisgner I'm not too keen on duplicating data, but you have to use the tools that are available.
    I don't fully understand it all yet but you've given me enough to move forward and test some stuff out.
    Thanks again!
    jim

Jim,

No problem. It has to do with Android device Google Sync utilizing an automatic sync trigger. Sometimes Google grabs a records we are still amending and syncs it to Google and then we see that updated record in Google as new one. There are numerous variables between Android devices and Os versions as well as bandwidth variables to manage...
    Some users never have a problem with Google Sync being on, until they do have a problem...
    So since we cannot guarantee it will work, without compromising data integrity. We recommend to turn it off.