Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Sync between HTC Desire HD, Palmdesktop v4 and Palmtreo 650

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    166

    Sync between HTC Desire HD, Palmdesktop v4 and Palmtreo 650

    I have a HTC Desire HD and I use the Palmdesktop on my PC as user Lexie.

    My husband is still looking for the perfect Android phone (he had an office IPhone but changed from employer and had to give it back) and now re-uses his old Palmtreo 650 until he finds it. He is user Wiz and I sync his treo on my PC.
    In the Palmdesktop on my PC I can look in his datebook under user Wiz and my datebook under Lexie.

    Is it possible to sync so that all the data is on the HTC, Palmdesktop and Treo?
    And do they all have to have the same username, for example Lexie?

    It would be easier for me than to manually check his appointments and add them to my Palmdesktop and then sync them to the HTC since I am the one who has to make sure we both have all the appointments in our phones.

    I hope someone can tell me if it possible and how to proceed.

    Thanks,
    Lexie
    HTC Desire HD, Android 2.3.5., CL Pro 5 (build 5074), DJO 2.5.5 Palmdesktop V 4.1.4, Windows XP Pro SP3,
    Synchronising Wifi, Synchronising calendar, contacts, tasks and memos.
    Only synchronised DJO contacts with native contacts once with 'read android data'.

    Nexus 7, Android 4.3, not yet installed DJO

  2. #2
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexie View Post
    I have a HTC Desire HD and I use the Palmdesktop on my PC as user Lexie.

    My husband is still looking for the perfect Android phone (he had an office IPhone but changed from employer and had to give it back) and now re-uses his old Palmtreo 650 until he finds it. He is user Wiz and I sync his treo on my PC.
    In the Palmdesktop on my PC I can look in his datebook under user Wiz and my datebook under Lexie.

    Is it possible to sync so that all the data is on the HTC, Palmdesktop and Treo?
    And do they all have to have the same username, for example Lexie?

    It would be easier for me than to manually check his appointments and add them to my Palmdesktop and then sync them to the HTC since I am the one who has to make sure we both have all the appointments in our phones.

    I hope someone can tell me if it possible and how to proceed.

    Thanks,
    Lexie
    Lexie,

    All the data would need to be under one username unless you had CompanionLink Professional.
    With CompanionLink Professional, you can customize the the sync settings using the Category manager.

    For example you could Sync Two User Names form PDT to one Android Device.
    Or you could Sync one username, and then add the Calndar of a second user name to the Sync profile.

    PS - I have been super busy but I haven't forgotten the log file you sent me.

    Best,

    Thomas

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    166
    Thomas,

    About the Logfiles...with CL5026 re-installed everything works fine...so I am in no hurry.

    Back to the sync.
    The easiest way would be to get my husband to rename his Treo from Wiz to Lexie.
    Then I would be able to sync between the HTC, Palmdesktop and Treo.
    And that doesn't entail any risks of problems?

    I have also tried the following procedure in the past, but I am not sure if that creates a big risk of problems.
    So I wanted to ask if that is possible since I am too glad my syncing is going well between my Palmdesktop and my HTC. I don't want to jinx it.

    So could you give me your opinion about the following?

    1. sync the HTC with Palmdesktop, CL user Lexie and sync both ways
    2. then hotsync Treo with Palmdesktop Wiz, sync both ways
    3. then sync HTC with Palmdesktop, CL user Wiz and sync both ways
    4. then sync HTC with Palmdesktop, CL user Lexie and sync both ways

    Data is now the same in HTC, Treo and Palmdesktop
    Is this possible this way, or is it a big risk?

    Or to do it safe I really have to buy CL Professional?

    And if my husband buys an Android, do I need the Professional as well to sync his Android (also named Wiz then), my HTC and Palmdesktop?

    Sorry for the mind-breaking questions, but it is the only way for me to get to understand this.
    It is a complicated thing this synchronising

    I hope you can help me,

    Thanks again,
    Lexie
    Last edited by Lexie; 04-20-2012 at 03:44 AM.
    HTC Desire HD, Android 2.3.5., CL Pro 5 (build 5074), DJO 2.5.5 Palmdesktop V 4.1.4, Windows XP Pro SP3,
    Synchronising Wifi, Synchronising calendar, contacts, tasks and memos.
    Only synchronised DJO contacts with native contacts once with 'read android data'.

    Nexus 7, Android 4.3, not yet installed DJO

  4. #4
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexie View Post
    Thomas,

    About the Logfiles...with CL5026 re-installed everything works fine...so I am in no hurry.

    Back to the sync.
    The easiest way would be to get my husband to rename his Treo from Wiz to Lexie.
    Then I would be able to sync between the HTC, Palmdesktop and Treo.
    And that doesn't entail any risks of problems?

    I have also tried the following procedure in the past, but I am not sure if that creates a big risk of problems.
    So I wanted to ask if that is possible since I am too glad my syncing is going well between my Palmdesktop and my HTC. I don't want to jinx it.

    So could you give me your opinion about the following?

    1. sync the HTC with Palmdesktop, CL user Lexie and sync both ways
    2. then hotsync Treo with Palmdesktop Wiz, sync both ways
    3. then sync HTC with Palmdesktop, CL user Wiz and sync both ways
    4. then sync HTC with Palmdesktop, CL user Lexie and sync both ways

    Data is now the same in HTC, Treo and Palmdesktop
    Is this possible this way, or is it a big risk?

    Or to do it safe I really have to buy CL Professional?

    And if my husband buys an Android, do I need the Professional as well to sync his Android (also named Wiz then), my HTC and Palmdesktop?

    Sorry for the mind-breaking questions, but it is the only way for me to get to understand this.
    It is a complicated thing this synchronising

    I hope you can help me,

    Thanks again,
    Lexie
    Lexie,

    I can't think of a specific danger. However I will admit this is not a scenario we regularly test for.
    CompanionLink backs up the Palm Desktop data before every sync. So even if there are problems I am confident there is a "safe" backup of the data we can access and restore back if you run into problems.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    166
    because I am not always sure that what I do is OK, I always make an backup of everything before I start syncing.

    Since you can't see any risks, I will sync it as I described in step 1 to 4.
    But I will keep in mind that you haven't tested it regularly and make sure I always have backups.

    The only risk is the time it takes to restore it
    And that is not a waste since I always learn from it.

    I have learned a lot since I use DJO and CL.
    For the first time in 23 years my husband (an IT-specialist) is asking me for advice regarding the Android :-) .

    Thank you for your advice and have a nice weekend!

    Lexie
    Last edited by Lexie; 04-20-2012 at 01:32 PM.
    HTC Desire HD, Android 2.3.5., CL Pro 5 (build 5074), DJO 2.5.5 Palmdesktop V 4.1.4, Windows XP Pro SP3,
    Synchronising Wifi, Synchronising calendar, contacts, tasks and memos.
    Only synchronised DJO contacts with native contacts once with 'read android data'.

    Nexus 7, Android 4.3, not yet installed DJO

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    166
    Hello Thomas,

    I did try the step 1 to step 4 and it got messy. Fortunately I did have enough backups to restore everything.
    So I do not advice anyone to try this!!

    So after talking to my husband we have decided to update to CL Professional.
    But is there a way to get CL Pro 5026 instead of the CL Pro 5028 since I am scared that I might get the same problems as with CL 5028. Adding of categories and adding of notes.

    And how do I do that?

    Thanks,
    Lexie
    HTC Desire HD, Android 2.3.5., CL Pro 5 (build 5074), DJO 2.5.5 Palmdesktop V 4.1.4, Windows XP Pro SP3,
    Synchronising Wifi, Synchronising calendar, contacts, tasks and memos.
    Only synchronised DJO contacts with native contacts once with 'read android data'.

    Nexus 7, Android 4.3, not yet installed DJO

  7. #7
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexie View Post
    Hello Thomas,

    I did try the step 1 to step 4 and it got messy. Fortunately I did have enough backups to restore everything.
    So I do not advice anyone to try this!!

    So after talking to my husband we have decided to update to CL Professional.
    But is there a way to get CL Pro 5026 instead of the CL Pro 5028 since I am scared that I might get the same problems as with CL 5028. Adding of categories and adding of notes.

    And how do I do that?

    Thanks,
    Lexie
    Lexie,

    is 5026 currently installed on your PC?

    If so just do this:
    1. Purchase an upgrade to CompanionLink Pro on the CL Website. - http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/sho...r-default-view (Update form COmapnionLink Express 5.0 is $49.95)
    2. Launch CompanionLink Express Setup.
    3. Click the File button and select upgrade. (This menu option says "License Information" is some cases)
    4. Enter the Purchase ID provided from step #1.
    5. Click verify.
    CompanionLink Express 5026 will now be CompanionLink Pro 5026

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    166
    Hello Thomas,

    Thank you for your quick reply.
    5026 is currently installed, so I will follow the steps you gave me tomorrow.
    It is 22.45 here and I rather start it with fresh mind tomorrow.


    Lexie
    HTC Desire HD, Android 2.3.5., CL Pro 5 (build 5074), DJO 2.5.5 Palmdesktop V 4.1.4, Windows XP Pro SP3,
    Synchronising Wifi, Synchronising calendar, contacts, tasks and memos.
    Only synchronised DJO contacts with native contacts once with 'read android data'.

    Nexus 7, Android 4.3, not yet installed DJO

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    166
    Hello Thomas,

    It worked and now I can figure out which way I want to proceed with the syncing.

    Thanks for your help.

    Lexie
    HTC Desire HD, Android 2.3.5., CL Pro 5 (build 5074), DJO 2.5.5 Palmdesktop V 4.1.4, Windows XP Pro SP3,
    Synchronising Wifi, Synchronising calendar, contacts, tasks and memos.
    Only synchronised DJO contacts with native contacts once with 'read android data'.

    Nexus 7, Android 4.3, not yet installed DJO

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •