+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CATEGORIES: not (any more) used do not get purged. Why?

CATEGORIES: not (any more) used do not get purged. Why?

I have categories i use only now and then, spontaniously, i.e. i only apply them to outlook elements only sometimes.

If once inserted into the databases of deja and android they stay there for ever and do not get purged even when they are not applied to any outlook elements any more.
    "Purge and reload" does not help either.

I have the same issue. I have many categories that I deleted out of Outlook and never use anymore, but they stay on my phone. I've tried purge and reload. I've even tried deleting Categories within Dejo Office by using the "categories" app. It appear to delete the catergories, but as soon as I go into Deja notes or Deja task all of the unused categories re-appear. I e-mailed customer support and got a nonsensical answer about how Android uses "groups"...completely unrelated to the issue I am having.

I hope the developers of this software solve this annoying issue in future releases.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyFoxtrot View Post
    I have the same issue. I have many categories that I deleted out of Outlook and never use anymore, but they stay on my phone. I've tried purge and reload. I've even tried deleting Categories within Dejo Office by using the "categories" app. It appear to delete the catergories, but as soon as I go into Deja notes or Deja task all of the unused categories re-appear. I e-mailed customer support and got a nonsensical answer about how Android uses "groups"...completely unrelated to the issue I am having.

I hope the developers of this software solve this annoying issue in future releases.
    Thank you to Nicky and WhiskeyFoxtrot for this feedback.

At this time a Purge and Reload is required to delete categories. Only categories with no associated records will be deleted. THis includes past Calendar events and tasks. I will submit your feedback to the dev team for consideration in future builds.

+ Reply to Thread