+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SYNC settings/Accounts: why "PC Sync" not possible to select for contactc?

SYNC settings/Accounts: why "PC Sync" not possible to select for contacts?

My phone: HTC Wildfire, Android 2.2.1

In Sync Settings the are 2 places for selecting accounts:
    - for contacts
    - for calender

At the one for contacts i can only select news, weather, stocks and my google acount.
    I never use the google account and sync only with my pc. Why can i not select "PC Sync"?(it is only possible under "Sync with Android Calender App")
    Last edited by nicky; 02-21-2011 at 11:45 AM.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nicky View Post
    My phone: HTC Wildfire, Android 2.2.1

In Sync Settings the are 2 places for selecting accounts:
    - for contacts
    - for calender

At the one for contacts i can only select an news, weather, stocks and my google acount.
    I never use the google account and sync only with my pc. Why can i not select "PC Sync"?(it is only possible under "Sync with Android Calender App")
    Try unselecting any options you have selected in Contacts and Calendar, then tap the Sync Type option at the top and select USB Sync. DejaOffice can only support one sync option at a time.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
    You may also want to check out:
    http://www.dejaoffice.com/classroom/android/

There are tutorials to assist with your setup process.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

With "Sync Type" USB or WiFi there is no change: there is no option "PC SYnc" in Sync Settings under the first button "Accounts" (the one that belongs to the option "Sync with Android contacts app").

Should it be possible to select there "PC Sync" as well?

DejaOffice Team Member
    With "Sync Type" USB or WiFi there is no change: there is no option "PC SYnc" in Sync Settings under the first button "Accounts" (the one that belongs to the option "Sync with Android contacts app").

Should it be possible to select there "PC Sync" as well?
    No that is not an option. The accounts list is to select an account not a sync method.

I'm not sure if you follow me exactly. As i mentioned above there are 2 buttons called "accounts" in the "Sync Settings", one of them belonging to sync settings for contacts and another one belonging to sync settings for the calender.

Pressing the first one of them(for contacts) i can NOT select "PC Sync", but pressing the second one(for calender) i CAN select "PC Sync"(which is one of 3 methods: PC Sync, Exchange and my google account).

My question is: Why is it possible to select "PC SYnc" for syncing of the Android Calender App but NOT possible for the syncing of the Android Contacts App?
    Last edited by nicky; 02-21-2011 at 01:14 PM.

DejaOffice Team Member
    I'm not sure if you follow me exactly. As i mentioned above there are 2 buttons called "accounts" in the "Sync Settings", one of them belonging to sync settings for contacts and another one belonging to sync settings for the calender.

Pressing the first one of them(for contacts) i can NOT select "PC Sync", but pressing the second one(for calender) i CAN select "PC Sync"(which is one of 3 methods: PC Sync, Exchange and my google account).

My question is: Why is it possible to select "PC SYnc" for syncing of the Android Calender App but NOT possible for the syncing of the Android Contacts App?
    Nicky,

PCSync must be an account you that is setup on the phone. Example:
    if I tap on Accounts under Contacts I have two options:
    Phone
    Droid2

These are accounts created on the device to manage accounts.

If I look up accounts under the Calendar setting
    The only option I see is:
    droid2

This behavior is expected and as designed.
    On the Android platform contacts and Calendar accounts are separate. These fields will dynamically provide you with the phone accounts that are Contacts or Calendar accounts.

That is why there are separate menu's if they were identical we would have lumped them together.

Thanks!
    What i want to do is to only sync directly between Outlook and Android HTC Wildfire. I do not want to have the google account involved in that.

Now if in Deja Sync Settings under "Sync with android contacts app" i have my google account as "account": what does this mean? That the sync goes over my google account?
    If so: this is undesirable in my case.

What should i do to be able to directly sync my contatcs between Outlook, Deja and Android Contacts app?
    In my Phone/Android-Settings i do not see a possibility to add an account "PC Sync" for contacts.

@Thomas:
    Could you still give me a hint how to sync my outlook contacts directly to the account "phone"? Why in the Sync-Settings for contacts can i only select the google account and not "PC Sync" or my "phone account"?
    What should i do to be able to sync directly to the phone account?
    Last edited by nicky; 03-03-2011 at 10:13 AM.

@Thomas:
    Could you still give me a hint how to sync my outlook contacts directly to the account "phone"? Why in the Sync-Settings for contacts can i only select the google account and not "PC Sync" or my "phone account"?
    nicky,
    I am not an experienced user, so you and anyone else reading this should really take care and only follow this piece of 'advise' after checking if it makes sense for your setting. What encouraged me to post this, is that at least what you describe in your last post, is what I wanted myself.
    Select Settings (not the DJO, but the general), then "Accounts/Syncing" (or something similar; my Desire speaks Norwegian =:-), then you get to the "Autosync" option, which may be checked. But below this, you have "Stocks" "Google" "News" "Weather"... Be sure to UNcheck the sync icon to the right of "Google" (not a normal check sign but the circular arrows icon). As I understand it, this means that your Android Contacts will not sync with your Google account.
    Back then to the DJO Settings - Sync settings - Sync type: You check "Sync with Android Contacts App". My interpretation: Since you unchecked "Google", as described above, DJO Contacts and "Android Contacts" will only sync "locally" on your phone -without involving your Google account (disregarding that your google account is "mentioned" below this.
    I have done some very simple testing to verify this, and the results is at least according to my interpretation above.
    If you start with empty "Android Contacts", at the next sync, DJO Contacts will sync with your Outlook contacts and then "locally" with "Android contacts". Then the two contact apps DJO and Android, will be identical. The Android contacts rules your dial list etc, but with this syncing setup, it will be identical to your contacts in Desktop Outlook (assuming the Companion Link settings described below, but the other preferences should work as well).
    In the Companion link Settings on the desktop, I have checked Contacts only, "Outlook to Android" and even "Purge and reload Contacts" to ensure a "clean" list according to my master list which is Outlook. (I sync my DJO Calendar with Outlook on my office Desktop, but in this settings I totally avoid Contacts syncing).

I apologise for this very amateurish description, but perhaps it may be of help for nicky and/or someone else as well.

DejaOffice Team Member
    @Thomas:
    We suspect have to get a log file from you and hard code to the software the ability to do this. If I had an answer for you I would have given it. We need that information so that DejaOffice/CompanionLink can be programmed to support your phone. Every Android Phone/OS is different the way it needs to be programmed for. Since you are in Europe there is a high likelyhood we do not have your phone in house and this why the problem is occurring.

+ Reply to Thread