+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Old not completed tasks

Old not completed tasks

I have a couple of old, not completed tasks, that show up in Outlook but don't show up in DJO. By old, I mean with an old due date. I seem to remember being asked at setup, either by DJO or by Companionlink, if I wanted to sync tasks older than 60 days. Maybe I chose no, but the fact is I can't find that setting anywhere.

Any ideas?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by druk View Post
    I have a couple of old, not completed tasks, that show up in Outlook but don't show up in DJO. By old, I mean with an old due date. I seem to remember being asked at setup, either by DJO or by Companionlink, if I wanted to sync tasks older than 60 days. Maybe I chose no, but the fact is I can't find that setting anywhere.

Any ideas?
    This setting is found in CompanionLink, not DejaOffice.
    It is in the General Setting Tab under Date Range.

Found it.

But, I think we should have an option to always sync not completed tasks. I may have such tasks from over a year ago, and if you force me to set a date range, that means that one day the task will disappear without notice, which is really dangerous because I need it on screen to remind me I have something pending (that's the whole point of a task app, isn't it? If I could remember everything by myself, we wouldn't be having this conversation).

DejaOffice Team Member
    Found it.

But, I think we should have an option to always sync not completed tasks. I may have such tasks from over a year ago, and if you force me to set a date range, that means that one day the task will disappear without notice, which is really dangerous because I need it on screen to remind me I have something pending (that's the whole point of a task app, isn't it? If I could remember everything by myself, we wouldn't be having this conversation).
    I hear you druk. The challenge on our end is tasks and calendar events all get lumped together in Outlook. I will talk to the dev team to see if there is way around this.

I'd like to point out that sync in Palm between Outlook and KeySuite did it the way I suggest; that's how I know it can be done. Actually, Palm sync between Outlook and KeySuite is flawless. None of the issues I pointed out in this or other threads ever happened. I know that Android is not PalmOS, but I'm sure it's versatile enough to achieve the same level of perfection. I hope you find out how!!!

DejaOffice Team Member
    I'd like to point out that sync in Palm between Outlook and KeySuite did it the way I suggest; that's how I know it can be done. Actually, Palm sync between Outlook and KeySuite is flawless. None of the issues I pointed out in this or other threads ever happened. I know that Android is not PalmOS, but I'm sure it's versatile enough to achieve the same level of perfection. I hope you find out how!!!
    This is great information. Thanks. It gives me somewhere to start snooping around.

+ Reply to Thread