Thread: Contacts keep coming back

Contacts keep coming back

I tried searching the FAQs and existing threads but could not find one that addressed my situation. I am sorry if there was something there and I missed it.

After I synced my phone I noticed that one of my contacts showed up three times each in my DJO Contacts. (These contacts were not originally listed in Outlook Contacts, only in my Android Contacts list and was only there once). I deleted the two extra contacts. When I synced again with Outlook, all three of the duplicate contacts were there again. There were other contacts that I also deleted in DJO and after I synced they were back.

I have a G2 (by HTC from T-Mobile) and am using Outlook 10.

I've had similar problems. My phone is an HTC EVO 4G (Sprint). I was able to trace most of my problems to Google's Calendar & Contacts which do not understand Categories, at least in the same manner as Outlook, DejaOffice and some other software. I was also using another PIM called EssentialPIMPro (which had its own twist) so I wound up with up to 3 - 4 copies of each contact & calendar event. Also had problems with the arbitrary deletion of calendar events and tasks. I gave up totally on Google, deleted all of my calendars and stop my automatic Outlook sync. Got everything straightened out in Outlook (2007), made a backup of the Outlook files, which I had learned quickly to do after having screwed up several earlier attempts. I then set CompanionLink to Sync Outlook to Android and to Purge and Reload Contacts, Calendar, etc. for the first sync. After the first I then set it to Sync Both Ways and unchecked the Purge Option and clicked on Records Deleted in both... to be sync'd. Seems to be working OK, now for around 3 days. In fact, I have CompanionLink setup on both my home PC and my Office PC and sync the phone when leaving either for the other and it has worked well for a few days now (breath held on each synching occasion). I've started using the latest Beta DejaOffice and like it, checking regularly for updates. My Trial runs out in a few days and I intend to purchase the USB version CompanionLink, considering it to be the most valuable accessory that I have for the phone. I've also stopped updating the base Android DB's and deleted HTCSync from my PC, since I don not intend to use them any longer.