+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Limitations of Android calendar?

Limitations of Android calendar?

Hi all,

I have downloaded an evaluation copy of CL for Outlook and am exploring the sync settings. In another thread, one of the DejaOffice team provided the following insight:

"We don't recommend synchronizing to Android Calendar. It is best to turn that setting off. Android Calendar cannot hold all the data from Outlook. Your recurring settings and Birthdays are limited to only what Android can handle. If you synchronize to Android Calendar, your recurring events could be deleted or changed because of the limitations of Android Calendar."

Can anyone help me understand the specific "limitations" of the Android calendar and what recurring settings "Android can handle" and what data from outlook the Android Calendar can't hold?

Thanks!

ABD

I'm interested at limitations as well as adbemaio.
    Despite of team directions I'm using synchronize Outlook with Android calendar but I can't understand the risk.
    Why I should have problem synchronizing TO Android Calendar.

Another question:
    I often have to manage events with different time zones.
    The time zones are correcty managed when set in Outlook and in DJO everything seems working fine.
    It could be possible (by setting a parameter in the option panel) make visible in the gui the time zone both for event-start and event-end ?
    tnx
    Last edited by Pascal; 02-24-2011 at 05:12 AM.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abdemaio View Post
    Hi all,

I have downloaded an evaluation copy of CL for Outlook and am exploring the sync settings. In another thread, one of the DejaOffice team provided the following insight:

"We don't recommend synchronizing to Android Calendar. It is best to turn that setting off. Android Calendar cannot hold all the data from Outlook. Your recurring settings and Birthdays are limited to only what Android can handle. If you synchronize to Android Calendar, your recurring events could be deleted or changed because of the limitations of Android Calendar."

Can anyone help me understand the specific "limitations" of the Android calendar and what recurring settings "Android can handle" and what data from outlook the Android Calendar can't hold?

Thanks!

ABD
    The suggestion was vague because we find the issues are not specific. If they were it would be easy to resolve them at a programming level. The challenges that result can vary from user to user, with variances occurring due to different device models, configurations, sync methods, and user tendencies. I wish we could be more specific, however we have had a difficult time on our end reproducing the problems users report.

+ Reply to Thread