Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Fake event to work around a calendar issue" ??

"Fake event to work around a calendar issue" ??

After I upgraded to DejaOffice 1.10, my Calendar now has a bunch of entries titled "Fake event to work around a calendar issue" in it. I can't find any reference to this on this website.

What are these events? Why were they created, what was the issue they were created to work around, and can I safely delete all of them?

Also, will they continue to be created as I sync?

- Tim

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbessie View Post
    After I upgraded to DejaOffice 1.10, my Calendar now has a bunch of entries titled "Fake event to work around a calendar issue" in it. I can't find any reference to this on this website.

What are these events? Why were they created, what was the issue they were created to work around, and can I safely delete all of them?

Also, will they continue to be created as I sync?

- Tim
    Hi Tim,

Thanks for reporting this behavior. Can you please give us some additional information please?

Device Model
    Device OS
    Previous DejaOffice version
    Current CompanionLink Version and build.
    PIM you are synching with?
    Date of the new entries and any additional information about them. Do thay all have the same date and time settings, are they random? Etc..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Hi Tim,

Thanks for reporting this behavior. Can you please give us some additional information please?

Device Model
    Device OS
    Previous DejaOffice version
    Current CompanionLink Version and build.
    PIM you are synching with?
    Date of the new entries and any additional information about them. Do thay all have the same date and time settings, are they random? Etc..

Thanks
    Thanks Thomas - note that I haven't synced since I upgraded to this version of DejaOffice:

Device Model: Nexus One

Device OS: Android 2.2.2

Previous DejaOffice version: 1.9.4 (I think - whatever the last released version was)

Current CompanionLink Version and build: CompanionLink Professional 4.0 (Build 4031)

PIM you are synching with? Palm Desktop

Date of the new entries and any additional information about them. Do thay all have the same date and time settings, are they random? Etc.

There are too many to count - they go back in time as far as I can see, and there are sometimes more than one on a given date; they all have the same time settings ("07:00 - 08:00"); they are all repeating events; they don't always appear on days I had repeating events in the Palm database, though most do; many appear on dates I have repeating events on, but both the original repeating event and this "fake" one both appear in Deja Calendar; their end-date is the date of the "next occurrence" for the matching repeating event in the Palm database.

- Tim
    Last edited by tbessie; 02-24-2011 at 12:33 PM.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Thanks for the info! This helps a lot.
    If forgot to ask about sync method. (I should have asked this in my first post.)
    What sync method have you using? WiFi, Secure Hosted, or USB? Has it changed recently?

Thanks for the info! This helps a lot.
    If forgot to ask about sync method. (I should have asked this in my first post.)
    What sync method have you using? WiFi, Secure Hosted, or USB? Has it changed recently?
    Since WiFi sync has become available, I always use WiFi sync. I always do a one-way Palm Desktop -> DejaOffice destructive sync (destroy all current data on the phone, replace it with current Palm Desktop data).

Before there was WiFi sync, I used USB sync, but not since.

- Tim
    Last edited by tbessie; 02-24-2011 at 02:01 PM.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Since WiFi sync has become available, I always use WiFi sync. I always do a one-way Palm Desktop -> DejaOffice destructive sync (destroy all current data on the phone, replace it with current Palm Desktop data).

Before there was WiFi sync, I used USB sync, but not since.

- Tim
    Our dev team is working on this issue. It is safe to delete the records.
    Can you please also verify the exact version you are using of 1.10. Is it the release build 1.10.6? Or the Beta build that was on our website earlier this week?

Our dev team is working on this issue. It is safe to delete the records.
    Can you please also verify the exact version you are using of 1.10. Is it the release build 1.10.6? Or the Beta build that was on our website earlier this week?
    I never install beta builds, only release builds. It was the release build that first appeared in the market yesterday - 1.10.6

So what happened? Did a developer leave a bit of test code in the codebase and didn't remove it after the beta, or something?

- Tim

DejaOffice Team Member
    I never install beta builds, only release builds. It was the release build that first appeared in the market yesterday - 1.10.6

So what happened? Did a developer leave a bit of test code in the codebase and didn't remove it after the beta, or something?

- Tim
    I figured it was the rel build but wanted to be sure. Thanks.
    I have been in this business long enough to stop guessing at what might be the reason for undocumented behaviors.

I have been in this business long enough to stop guessing at what might be the reason for undocumented behaviors.
    I like to guess and ask, because I'm a developer myself. :-)

- Tim

DejaOffice Team Member
    I would try cleaning up my Palm Desktop Data and doing a purge and Reload in CompanionLink.
    If they show up in the Calendar after that let us know.