Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Fake event to work around a calendar issue" ??

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    I would try cleaning up my Palm Desktop Data and doing a purge and Reload in CompanionLink.
    If they show up in the Calendar after that let us know.
    My Palm Desktop data doesn't need cleaning - what kind of cleaning would you be suggesting?

I will do the purge and reload, however, and let you know.

- Tim

DejaOffice Team Member
    I would try cleaning up my Palm Desktop Data and doing a purge and Reload in CompanionLink.
    If they show up in the Calendar after that let us know.
    If the unwanted calendar events are only in DejaOffice just do a Purge and Reload in CompanionLink, then Sync.
    If the unwanted calendar events are also in your Palm Desktop. Delete them in Palm Desktop first, then do a Purge and Reload in CompanionLink. Then Sync.

If the unwanted calendar events are only in DejaOffice just do a Purge and Reload in CompanionLink, then Sync.
    If the unwanted calendar events are also in your Palm Desktop. Delete them in Palm Desktop first, then do a Purge and Reload in CompanionLink. Then Sync.
    As I said, Thomas, I only EVER do a one way sync... Palm Desktop -> DejaOffice.

I NEVER sync two way or backwards, for fear of relatively new software doing just this kind of thing (unwanted events, unexpected deleted events, etc.).

Until DejaOffice and CompanionLink work as well and dependably as the old Palm Sync (where it pretty much never fails to do what I expect and always works perfectly), it'll be one-way sync.

I *do* hope DejaOffice/CompanionLink get to the point where I trust them more, however. :-)

- Tim

Ok, got the newest CompanionLink update (with the support for repeating events), did a purge and reload.

Seems to be good, except that this release of DejaOffice is really slow in scrolling through both the calendar and contacts... slow reaction time from the GUI.

- Tim

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbessie View Post
    Ok, got the newest CompanionLink update (with the support for repeating events), did a purge and reload.

Seems to be good, except that this release of DejaOffice is really slow in scrolling through both the calendar and contacts... slow reaction time from the GUI.

- Tim
    Tim,

Sorry about the mistake. What I meant by cleaning was just verifying the Palm Desktop data was in a pristine state and then Purge and Reload.
    I feel you on the one way sync. Glad to know things are cleaned up a bit. We did make some changes that may affect scrolling performance. However we are working on a fix right now.
    Thanks for all your patience and feedback. It really help us develop a better product and respond with fixes faster.

Tim,

Sorry about the mistake. What I meant by cleaning was just verifying the Palm Desktop data was in a pristine state and then Purge and Reload.
    I feel you on the one way sync. Glad to know things are cleaned up a bit. We did make some changes that may affect scrolling performance. However we are working on a fix right now.
    Thanks for all your patience and feedback. It really help us develop a better product and respond with fixes faster.
    Well, you know how I was a big Agendus fan, but they had a single platform and many years to perfect it to get where they are (tho' I don't know where they're going now - silence on their end as far as the Android world), so I was spoiled. :-)

But I know it takes time to get a product working well, especially when there are so many possibilities and combinations you have to make your product work under. All I want is something that works and works well, and I'm willing to wait for it.

- Tim

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbessie View Post
    Well, you know how I was a big Agendus fan, but they had a single platform and many years to perfect it to get where they are (tho' I don't know where they're going now - silence on their end as far as the Android world), so I was spoiled. :-)

But I know it takes time to get a product working well, especially when there are so many possibilities and combinations you have to make your product work under. All I want is something that works and works well, and I'm willing to wait for it.

- Tim
    We want that too and the forums is a tool we use to improve the quality of the product and respond to problems quicker. Thanks for the input.