+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Note content disappears

Note content disappears

I just upgraded to 1.10 (Droid X, Palm Desktop 4.1), and there seems to be a major problem with the handling of Notes. The upgrade successfully turned the first line of each existing note into the subject, and if I view an existing note, I see the subject and full text.

However, in the list, only the subject is shown, and if I edit a pre-upgrade note, the full text is gone; only the subject remains.

If I create a new note, everything is fine with it; this problem only occurs with notes that existed before the upgrade.

I just upgraded and have the same problem. I would appreciate if somone could help on this.

I found that if I did a purge-and-reload, it solved the problem. In CompanionLink, go to the Options menu and pick "Purge and reload". It will give you a message along the lines of "This will wipe and replace all the records on the handheld at the next sync". Do a sync, and it will do exactly that.

Afterward, all notes seem OK (except for the note or notes that it already broke, but I'd done a backup of my Palm data before the upgrade, so I just restored that before doing this purge/reload).

Thanks for reporting on this; I just noticed the same problem.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Purge and reload seems to be working for missing data on 1.10.7
    Apologies to everyone for any temporary scares or inconvenience.

The Dev team is very aware of these problems and we are working on a solution.

notes gone

SOMEONE NEEDS TO FIX THIS ASAP! Version 1.10.6 loses the note if you edit it

they need to put the notes back the way they were & only show the subject unless you select note

I did a purge and reload and can now edit on my Galaxy S and things seem to be working okay. Thanks for the purge/reload advice

DejaOffice Team
    We've identified this issue. It should only be occurring to notes that were created/edited in DejaOffice prior to updating to the latest build. Any notes synced from the PC to v1.9.8 should not have the issue when updating. We are working on a fix and it should be posted soon.

Frustrating... I lost a couple significant notes because of this bug.
    Samsung SCH-8500 & Palm m515 --> Treo600 --> Treo650 --> Treo700p --> Epic4G (all on Sprint)

+ Reply to Thread