+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Note content disappears

The solution given so far applies only to the users of CompanionLink. Stand-alone users of the Android App do not have a solution and need one urgent!

Have the same problem and lost instantly some important notes. I am travelling and have no chance to sync. That's really annoying.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yps View Post
    Have the same problem and lost instantly some important notes. I am travelling and have no chance to sync. That's really annoying.
    Yps,

We apologize for the inconvenience to everyone on this. This problem should be resolved now with the latest DejaOffice build. Please let us know if anyone experiences any issues with this moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Yps,

We apologize for the inconvenience to everyone on this. This problem should be resolved now with the latest DejaOffice build. Please let us know if anyone experiences any issues with this moving forward.
    You mean v1.10.9 ? I'm really hesitant to upgrade. I have v1.9.8 and so far so good. I'm afraid of losing my very important contact notes I've been collecting for years and I'm not using Companion Link. Should I upgrade?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juliodo View Post
    You mean v1.10.9 ? I'm really hesitant to upgrade. I have v1.9.8 and so far so good. I'm afraid of losing my very important contact notes I've been collecting for years and I'm not using Companion Link. Should I upgrade?
    Hi Julio,

As far as we are aware that issue has been fixed. We changed how the database saves the data. Users should not have any problems with updating to 1.10.9

However, if those notes are as important as you say they are I strongly recommend finding a way to effectively back them up/sync them.
    You can always download a free demo copy of CompanionLink that for 14 days at no charge to you. You can then sync your notes to your PC Desktop and at least have an archive of them.
    That still won't address the long term challenges of not syncing or backing up your data on your phone.
    I would be more concerned about what would happen if your phone was lost or stolen than a glitch with DejaOffice.

I hope this information helps

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Hi Julio,

As far as we are aware that issue has been fixed. We changed how the database saves the data. Users should not have any problems with updating to 1.10.9

However, if those notes are as important as you say they are I strongly recommend finding a way to effectively back them up/sync them.
    You can always download a free demo copy of CompanionLink that for 14 days at no charge to you. You can then sync your notes to your PC Desktop and at least have an archive of them.
    That still won't address the long term challenges of not syncing or backing up your data on your phone.
    I would be more concerned about what would happen if your phone was lost or stolen than a glitch with DejaOffice.

I hope this information helps
    Another good work around is to back up a copy of your SD Card to your PC.

+ Reply to Thread