+ Reply to Thread

Thread: minor complaints about 1.10.6 notepad regarding private notes

minor complaints about 1.10.6 notepad regarding private notes

(1) It didn't used to be this way, but with the latest version, a note that has been made private and is masked shows up as:

"*****
    *****"

In other words, it requires two lines to display the masked note in the list view. This is sort of messy, when all of the other notes display their titles as single lines.

(2) When one is asked to enter a password for a private note, the default keyboard is all caps. It used to be the case where the default keyboard was lower case. Thus, in order to enter a lower caps password, one has to un-all caps the keyboard. A default, if possible, to a lower case keyboard would be nice, since this is the standard default for all keyboards for all other Android apps.

Thanks

discovered a clue

The problem with masked notes appearing in the title list as
    "*****
    *****"
    appears to be a consequence of the masked title including note only the first line of text of the note, but also the first word of the second line of text.
    I.E., if the note's text is:

My To-Do List

Go to bank
    Do homework

then the first "*****" is a masked version of "My To-Do List," and the second "*****" is a masked version of "Go".

Can you add an option to remove the two line preview of each note in DejaNotePad? I just upgraded and it wasn't this way before. Before, this allowed me to see more notes at a time without scrolling (I hate scrolling as much as possible) and prevented someone "browsing" through my phone to see the contents of a note if it is secret information (I don't like to use the private setting as typing passwords on a smartphone is so cumbersome!).

--Russ

I did try the private setting (with hide turned on). This eliminates passwords (as I didn't choose to make one) but it still leaves all *****'s (including the subject! My subject may not be private (just the contents) as I often give a bogus subject so no one will think to look in the note.

So, if you can give me an option to remove the 2-line preview, I'll just turn off 'private' and 'hide'.

--Russ

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by russcarver View Post
    I did try the private setting (with hide turned on). This eliminates passwords (as I didn't choose to make one) but it still leaves all *****'s (including the subject! My subject may not be private (just the contents) as I often give a bogus subject so no one will think to look in the note.

So, if you can give me an option to remove the 2-line preview, I'll just turn off 'private' and 'hide'.

--Russ
    I will discuss this with the dev team.

Thanks!

--Russ

DejaOffice Team Member
    Thanks!

--Russ
    Russ,

So I am clear, are you asking that the two line preview be reduced to a single line?

Sort of. I would like the option of going back to the way it was (single line per note to save space). Just the subject would be fine. Today's version could then be called a preview option.

Yep, that'd be great. Just like before, where unmasked titles would take only one line (i.e., no preview lines), and masked titles would only include one "*****". The option to have more lines of preview could be an option.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Sort of. I would like the option of going back to the way it was (single line per note to save space). Just the subject would be fine. Today's version could then be called a preview option.
    I will pass the request up to the developers.

+ Reply to Thread