+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Encountered an improper argument

Encountered an improper argument

After upgrading to the latest companionlink and dejaoffice at the same time, I have encountered an error: encountered an improper argument

Current setting in addition to the settings mention in sig:
    Outlook to Android -- on all items
    Outlook is Primary

--------------------
    The first sync with Purge and Reload enabled syncs fine, (I have even tried restarting the phone in between the 1st and 2nd sync) but on the second sync with the purge and reload uncheck, the "encountered an improper argument" error occurs.
    -------------------
    EDIT:
    After Ending task of Companionlink and WiFi service of DejaOffice, I restart both
    then I sync again, with success.

WHY?
    Last edited by klau; 02-24-2011 at 11:00 PM.
    Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 i747m
    DJ Version: 2.2.11
    Companion Link: 5.0, Build 5040
    Sync with: Outlook 2007
    Android OS: ICS 4.0.4
    Sync settings:
    Deja Contacts sync to Phone Account ENABLED. (the Google Account does not sync online)
    Deja Calendar sync to Google Account DISABLED.

I got this too, both with DJO 1.10.6 and 7. My notes and tasks synched ok. The calendar repeatedly stuck on item 31, but once on 77. I haven't tried the contacts synch yet. I reported this to tech support. I have an Epic 4g Galaxy S.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by klau View Post
    After upgrading to the latest companionlink and dejaoffice at the same time, I have encountered an error: encountered an improper argument

Current setting in addition to the settings mention in sig:
    Outlook to Android -- on all items
    Outlook is Primary

--------------------
    The first sync with Purge and Reload enabled syncs fine, (I have even tried restarting the phone in between the 1st and 2nd sync) but on the second sync with the purge and reload uncheck, the "encountered an improper argument" error occurs.
    -------------------
    EDIT:
    After Ending task of Companionlink and WiFi service of DejaOffice, I restart both
    then I sync again, with success.

WHY?
    Does sync now work consistently?

I have this problem also. I'm in the evaluation period and I was just about to pay for it when this happened. I can't get anything to sync consistently. The initial sync does work very well for me, though, also. I should mention that this particular error only happens when I try and sync via WiFi. If I use the USB, I keep getting the error to "Please update CL USB Sync on your device". I did update both the PC and android software the first time I received this message, but still no luck except for the initial sync. I'm using the HTC Inspire.

All - We're aware of an issue where the "improper argument" error can occur. It seems to be related to WiFi encryption levels, which were increased in the most recent builds of DJO/CompanionLink. We're looking at it now. I'll try to get you all some sort of update for it within the next couple of days.

What about the "runtime" encountering an error and shutting the program down (see my separate post). Is this likely to be the same problem?

Riverside - It's quite possibly the same problem. However, run-time errors are pretty generic, so I can't say for certain, but I think there's a pretty good chance that it is.

I'm going to try to get a fix for this issue out in the next day or two. If you can sit tight until then, we'll just have you update and see if it takes care of the problem. If not, we'll have you open up a support ticket so you can send in log files, etc.

If it's any help, I've just updated CL to 4032 and DJO to V1.10.7.
    Nexus One 2.2.
    All installed fine but 1st sync with wi-fi got the improper argument message.
    I had to use task manager to get out of CL which froze whilst reading contact record 1.
    I prefer wi-fi sync as it takes so long for my USB to connect.

All - I just posted CompanionLink build 4033, which should fix this issue. You can download it from the CompanionLink updates page:

http://www.companionlink.com/downloads/updates.html

Thanks Ben. Looks to be fixed. First sync took ages but 2nd is up to speed again.

+ Reply to Thread