Thread: Task Reccurence - monthly by date - not working upon delete

Task Reccurence - monthly by date - not working upon delete

Hi,

I have an HTC Incredible running Android 2.2 and in the latest version of DejaOffice (1.10.6) I am trying to add a recurrence to some of my tasks.

First of all, what is the difference between monthly-by-day and monthly-by-date? I can find no help on this (same with yearly).

I chose monthly-by-date (assuming it would use the 26th of each month) and saved the task. The task was for tomorrow and I had already completed it (not marked as such) so I went to delete it. I was expecting a similar popup like in DejaCalendar to ask me to delete this instance or all instances, but got no such thing. Instead it just delete the whole task!

So I added the task back in (thinking - unfortunately - that I can only add a recurrence to a new task). Then I went to delete it and the same thing happened.

It looks as if recurrences in tasks still has some bugs....

--Russ

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by russcarver View Post
    Hi,

I have an HTC Incredible running Android 2.2 and in the latest version of DejaOffice (1.10.6) I am trying to add a recurrence to some of my tasks.

First of all, what is the difference between monthly-by-day and monthly-by-date? I can find no help on this (same with yearly).

I chose monthly-by-date (assuming it would use the 26th of each month) and saved the task. The task was for tomorrow and I had already completed it (not marked as such) so I went to delete it. I was expecting a similar popup like in DejaCalendar to ask me to delete this instance or all instances, but got no such thing. Instead it just delete the whole task!

So I added the task back in (thinking - unfortunately - that I can only add a recurrence to a new task). Then I went to delete it and the same thing happened.

It looks as if recurrences in tasks still has some bugs....

--Russ
    It sounds like you have the right understanding of the by day and by date distinctions.
    A recurring monthly event by date would be used to setup the recurring event in future months according to the date.
    Example:
    I create a new recurring event Monthly by date today, and it will create future events on the 25th day of the month.
    If I create a recurring event Monthly by day today, it will create future events on the fourth Friday of the month.
    We will look into the problem you are reporting with recurring events.

Thanks for the feedback.

This is still not working in 1.11.2.

I again created a recurring task (this time weekly). When it was done, I went to delete it (I do not use the complete option) and I get no choice to delete just "this instance" like I do in Calendar. It just deletes the whole task. I thought maybe it would "jump" to the next occurrence once the day ended, but no such luck there either.

Update: I just tried again but used the "complete" option. It did "jump" the task to the next occurrence, but did not delete the completed instance.

Please delete the completed instance and allow for deleting just "this" instance. That way, I don't have a lot of tasks polluting my screen that aren't valid anymore.

--Russ