Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Cannot get DO to to link with CL on my PC

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1

    Cannot get DO to to link with CL on my PC

    Followed the guide, but when I select the sync button in Dejaoffice, it unmounts my SD card and then remounts it. The program just sits there waiting and waiting and nothing happens. If I hit the sync button on the PC, it says "Please update CL USB Sync on your device"

    Software:
    CL version 4 (build 4031) (on trial)
    syncing calendar only from Lotus Notes
    DJO version 1.10.7

    Hardware:
    Rooted HTC Aria running CM7 (Gingerbread 2.3.2)
    USB debugging disabled.
    PC with XP SP3


    Any hints on getting this to work? Apparently I only have 4 days left on the trial and have never been able to get this to work - I had installed the PC a while back, but had phone issues where I could not try it until now. I really need a USB sync method to for my Notes calendar to phone - I cannot put this data on the cloud as it is against corporate policy.

    Thanks,

    Ted
    Last edited by Ted Kunich; 02-25-2011 at 05:53 PM.

  2. #2
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Kunich View Post
    Followed the guide, but when I select the sync button in Dejaoffice, it unmounts my SD card and then remounts it. The program just sits there waiting and waiting and nothing happens. If I hit the sync button on the PC, it says "Please update CL USB Sync on your device"

    Software:
    CL version 4 (build 4031) (on trial)
    syncing calendar only from Lotus Notes
    DJO version 1.10.7

    Hardware:
    Rooted HTC Aria running CM7 (Gingerbread 2.3.2)
    USB debugging disabled.
    PC with XP SP3


    Any hints on getting this to work? Apparently I only have 4 days left on the trial and have never been able to get this to work - I had installed the PC a while back, but had phone issues where I could not try it until now. I really need a USB sync method to for my Notes calendar to phone - I cannot put this data on the cloud as it is against corporate policy.

    Thanks,

    Ted
    Ted,

    I sent you a private message. I think we can help. Probably a configuration issue.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Ted,

    I sent you a private message. I think we can help. Probably a configuration issue.
    Hello Thomas,

    I have nearly the same problem, but I am using Windows 7 ultimate and a HTC Desire HD.
    I just downloaded the actual trial version of CL and DJO 1.10.8 from the Android market.

    CL wants me to update CL USB Sync on my device. It's like Ted's problem.
    I think it might be a configuration problem, could you please send me a private message or post a solution here? So is the Solution available for everybody with the same problem.

    Thank you, Carsten

  4. #4
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Carsten View Post
    Hello Thomas,

    I have nearly the same problem, but I am using Windows 7 ultimate and a HTC Desire HD.
    I just downloaded the actual trial version of CL and DJO 1.10.8 from the Android market.

    CL wants me to update CL USB Sync on my device. It's like Ted's problem.
    I think it might be a configuration problem, could you please send me a private message or post a solution here? So is the Solution available for everybody with the same problem.

    Thank you, Carsten
    Hi Cartsen.

    We are still working on a solution for this or I would have posted the fix publicly. No secrets here, everybody gets the solution.
    What type of Android device are you using? OS version.

    The steps I have outlined below may help, they are for troubleshooting sync problems:

    [AB42444] Some connection modes on your Droid X/Droid 2/Droid Pro/Atrix do not allow CompanionLink to connect your phone
    to the computer successfully. Changing your connection type on the phone when you synchronize should resolve this issue:

    1. Plug your phone into the computer with your USB cable

    2. Swipe down the notification bar from your Android Desktop

    3. Select your connection options

    4. Switch into "Charge Only" or "None" mode. "PC Mode" will not work for the sync.

    You should be able to synchronize normally from here. If you need general syncing instructions, follow this link to our
    website:

    http://www.companionlink.com/support...droid-usb.html

    Let me know if this helps.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4
    Hello Thomas

    I have this exact same problem on a Nexus One (HTC product as well). Using CL 3111 and DJ 1.10.8

    Hangs at unmount of SD card and CL wants me to update CL USB Sync on my device

    Please advise, Bruce

  6. #6
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,388
    Quote Originally Posted by bferg View Post
    Hello Thomas

    I have this exact same problem on a Nexus One (HTC product as well). Using CL 3111 and DJ 1.10.8

    Hangs at unmount of SD card and CL wants me to update CL USB Sync on my device

    Please advise, Bruce
    Hi Bruce,

    Some users are having problems with a duplicate copy of the CLUSB file showing up on the SD Card. You may want to check and see if this is occurring on your device.

    A purge and reload from CompanionLink might be helpful as well.
    Have you attempted both of these already?

    Have you tried any other troubleshooting steps?

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Hi Bruce,

    Some users are having problems with a duplicate copy of the CLUSB file showing up on the SD Card. You may want to check and see if this is occurring on your device.

    A purge and reload from CompanionLink might be helpful as well.
    Have you attempted both of these already?

    Have you tried any other troubleshooting steps?

    there is no duplicate CLUSB on card. The synch sequence stops at unmount of sd card so setting companionlink to purge makes no difference.

    I have tried turning off all monitoring by microsoft security essentials, upgrading companionlink and upgrading dejaoffice to current....same result

  8. #8
    DejaOffice Team Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,388
    Quote Originally Posted by bferg View Post
    there is no duplicate CLUSB on card. The synch sequence stops at unmount of sd card so setting companionlink to purge makes no difference.

    I have tried turning off all monitoring by microsoft security essentials, upgrading companionlink and upgrading dejaoffice to current....same result
    Here is what we have figured out on similar HTC devices in the US. (We do not have a European desire model to work with.)

    Delete the CLUSB file form the SD card.
    Launch DejaOffice and Sync again.

    Let me know if this does not work.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4
    that worked, thanks

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2

    Only some of my contacts sync

    I am using CL 4.0 Build 4034 and DJO 1.10.9. It seems all of my BCM contacts load and only some of my personal contacts (the ones in the regular contacts folder in Outlook. I am using Outlook 2007.)

    Any ideas? I was running into the CLUSB error but I deleted the file on the SDCard and that cleared (Thanks!).

    Kirk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •