Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tasks showing up one day earlier

Tasks showing up one day earlier

Hi,

I've installed v. 1.10.6. I've seen that the following bug was supposed to be fixed>

"-fixed an issue with events showing 1 day early in week view for Mar 13-19 2011"

But, I had a task set for 28 Feb 2011, which "moved" by itself to 27 Feb 2011.

So what does this mean?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by druk View Post
    Hi,

I've installed v. 1.10.6. I've seen that the following bug was supposed to be fixed>

"-fixed an issue with events showing 1 day early in week view for Mar 13-19 2011"

But, I had a task set for 28 Feb 2011, which "moved" by itself to 27 Feb 2011.

So what does this mean?
    Try updating to the latest build of CompanionLink and then do a purge and reload.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Try updating to the latest build of CompanionLink and then do a purge and reload.
    I had previously encountered the same problem on my device, which seems to have been repaired in the latest release. However, I have now noticed what appears to be a new problem - priority settings are not syncing correct. For example, I created a grocery shopping list consisting of 10 items with priorities of 1-5. After syncing my device to my Palm desktop, I reviewed the list on the PC and found that the items with a priority of 1 had been changed to 2 on the PC, while items with a priority higher than 2 had all been changed to 4. I don't recall having this issue before, so perhaps it is something which was introduced with the latest release.

I am running an original Motorola Droid with Froyo 2.2.1, DJO 1.10.7 with Companionlink build 4032. I sync had to Palm Desktop running under Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3.

Angry Events still one day early

(This is EVENTS not tasks, but seems as though it may be related.)

I just updated DJO and now all-day events are one day earlier than they should be.

This is from an update to 1.10.7, and the latest version of CompanionLink. It was a "clean" USB sync: Before doing it, I deleted the CLUSB file/folder, and cleared all the data in the Android (Droid X).

(I wanted to be sure that ONLY data from Palm Desktop would be on my phone after the sync, since the phone seemed to have many duplicate entries.)

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium, and syncing to Palm Desktop 4.1.4.

Hey TTF - I can't reproduce this problem. All day events sync fine for me from Palm Desktop to DejaOffice.

A few questions for you:

* What time zone is your Android set to use?
    * What time zone is your PC using?
    * What are the dates for the events that are syncing one-day early?
    * Are they recurring events?
    * Is DejaOffice configured to sync with the native Android calendar?

I found a related bug. Showing tasks for last 7 days do not show all the ones due in Today. It shows some. In order to see all you need to switch to see all today's pending tasks. A solution is welcomed.

What I've discovered on the events moving forward a day... When I set all-day events when I'm on the East Coast, and then check on the West Coast, they move up day.

Don't know if I've added or subtracted from conversation.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbinney View Post
    What I've discovered on the events moving forward a day... When I set all-day events when I'm on the East Coast, and then check on the West Coast, they move up day.

Don't know if I've added or subtracted from conversation.
    Hi RJBINNEY,

A question about your device settings on this. Did you manually change your time zone setting on the phone? Or is the Automatic setting used?
    If you could give me some feedback about how your device settings in the Date & Time Settings, this would be very helpful.

Thanks

Hey there - a quick search of my DJO history will show I'm no fan of time zone management (but from what I understand it's the underlying UNIX calendar calculations).

I'm a legacy Palm guy, and I travel through multiple time zones weekly, so a "clean" way of this working is my ultimate desire (to the point where I'm considering going to - ugh! - a Blackberry!)

Anyway, yes, I let the phone adjust its time zones automagically based on the cell towers. I DO have to manually adjust the time zone on my laptop. I've noticed I have fewer syncing issues if my laptop booted in the same time zone I'm in when syncing. That's mostly anecdotal, I don't have any data to back that up.

Hope that helps.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbinney View Post
    Hey there - a quick search of my DJO history will show I'm no fan of time zone management (but from what I understand it's the underlying UNIX calendar calculations).

I'm a legacy Palm guy, and I travel through multiple time zones weekly, so a "clean" way of this working is my ultimate desire (to the point where I'm considering going to - ugh! - a Blackberry!)

Anyway, yes, I let the phone adjust its time zones automagically based on the cell towers. I DO have to manually adjust the time zone on my laptop. I've noticed I have fewer syncing issues if my laptop booted in the same time zone I'm in when syncing. That's mostly anecdotal, I don't have any data to back that up.

Hope that helps.
    Does this sound correct then?.
    I have you on the East coast making an all day appointment at a future date with a client on the west coast. (Lets say you set it for March 8th a week ago.) Then you travel to the West Coast. Check the appointment like you would and it has moved to March 9th.

Let me know if I have this right.