+ Reply to Thread

Thread: USB Sync to Android hangs

USB Sync to Android hangs

I have a new HTC Inspire 4G. Want to sync with Outlook on my laptop. Followed all the instructions. Press Sync on DJO. After it syncs with the native calendar/contact (which, I think, is the 1st step by design) I get the message "Press OK when the PC Sync is complete". The Windows 7 Autosync little window pops up. I think this proved that the SD card is properly mounted. I close it. All good so far (I think). BUT the CompanionLink app on the laptop never responds. No progress bar, no nothing. It is running, right there on the screen and the icon shows in the tray. But it hangs this way with CompanionLink not doing anything. Needless to say, nothing updates anywhere.

I saw this reported here before but never saw a clear explanation how to fix.

Any advise?

Thanks.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotesman View Post
    I have a new HTC Inspire 4G. Want to sync with Outlook on my laptop. Followed all the instructions. Press Sync on DJO. After it syncs with the native calendar/contact (which, I think, is the 1st step by design) I get the message "Press OK when the PC Sync is complete". The Windows 7 Autosync little window pops up. I think this proved that the SD card is properly mounted. I close it. All good so far (I think). BUT the CompanionLink app on the laptop never responds. No progress bar, no nothing. It is running, right there on the screen and the icon shows in the tray. But it hangs this way with CompanionLink not doing anything. Needless to say, nothing updates anywhere.

I saw this reported here before but never saw a clear explanation how to fix.

Any advise?

Thanks.
    Try these steps:
    [AB42512] When you set up your Android, it automatically sets your Android Contacts and Android Calendar to synchronize to
    Google. Here is how to turn it off:

1. Open Settings. Select "Accounts", "Accounts & Sync", or "Data Synchronization"
    2. Select the Google account (if available)
    3. Uncheck Contacts and/or Calendar

I hope this information helps.

+ Reply to Thread