Thread: DejaOffice 1.10.7 and synchronization

Unhappy DejaOffice 1.10.7 and synchronization

All,

I am using an HTC MyTouch 4G with T-Mobile. The android operating system is 2.2.1. I am using the USB cable and am in Charge Only mode.

I've recently upgraded to DejaOffice 1.10.7 and find it much better than its predecessor. However, sync seems to have been affected. On the sync side, I am syncing to my Windows NT Outlook 2003. I use Companionlink v4(build 4031) and see odd behaviors.

1) Contacts that I've added via the android do not automatically get copied to my deja contact manager. As such, they do not get copied to my laptop during synchronization.

2) During Sync I've noticed notes within my Calendar on Outlook are not getting updated in DejaCalendar. It could be that the Calendar item is not synchronizing at all.

3) I've noticed several tasks on my laptop did not get sync'ed to my android. In fact, they were on my android before the upgrade and now...since my upgrade and last sync several old (non-dated) tasks do not appear on my android. Also, the category was defaulted to the first in my list for a while and none were selectable. I just looked again and the full category list has appeared again and is selectable.

3) I start sync on my android and am supposed to push "ok" on the android after it has sync'ed with my laptop. The "ok" button disappears almost immediately so there is nothing to push. As such, I'm not sure what sync is doing.

It would seem that the "ok" button went away too soon and that the synchronization may still be happening in the back ground. This is disconcerting as you do not know how far along the sync is or if anything is even going on.

Have any of you seen this behavior? Is there an upgrade to CompanionLink available or coming? Is there a mismatch with CompanionLink now that significant changes have been made to DejaOffice? Should I change my USB connection from "charge only" to something else now?

Help!

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBFrankel View Post
    All,

I am using an HTC MyTouch 4G with T-Mobile. The android operating system is 2.2.1. I am using the USB cable and am in Charge Only mode.

I've recently upgraded to DejaOffice 1.10.7 and find it much better than its predecessor. However, sync seems to have been affected. On the sync side, I am syncing to my Windows NT Outlook 2003. I use Companionlink v4(build 4031) and see odd behaviors.

1) Contacts that I've added via the android do not automatically get copied to my deja contact manager. As such, they do not get copied to my laptop during synchronization.

2) During Sync I've noticed notes within my Calendar on Outlook are not getting updated in DejaCalendar. It could be that the Calendar item is not synchronizing at all.

3) I've noticed several tasks on my laptop did not get sync'ed to my android. In fact, they were on my android before the upgrade and now...since my upgrade and last sync several old (non-dated) tasks do not appear on my android. Also, the category was defaulted to the first in my list for a while and none were selectable. I just looked again and the full category list has appeared again and is selectable.

3) I start sync on my android and am supposed to push "ok" on the android after it has sync'ed with my laptop. The "ok" button disappears almost immediately so there is nothing to push. As such, I'm not sure what sync is doing.

It would seem that the "ok" button went away too soon and that the synchronization may still be happening in the back ground. This is disconcerting as you do not know how far along the sync is or if anything is even going on.

Have any of you seen this behavior? Is there an upgrade to CompanionLink available or coming? Is there a mismatch with CompanionLink now that significant changes have been made to DejaOffice? Should I change my USB connection from "charge only" to something else now?

Help!
    Yes -- my contacts got all screwed up after installing 1.10.7 and syncing and the "OK" button goes away too early very frequently. For the "OK" button issue, I've been reduced to syncing again or re-booting my device.

DejaOffice Team Member
    All,

Help!
    The USB connection should be Charge Only or None. Whichever is available to you.
    As John recommended A purge and Reload might be helpful. John and I worked on this together last week and the Dev team is working on a solution.

Let us know if you still are having problems after the Purge and Reload.

Purge and Roload is not an option as I have been making changes to both my Android and Outlook calendars and contacts. As I said in my original post, I have my USB connection set to "Charge Only". Hopefully, there will be a solution, soon.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Purge and Roload is not an option as I have been making changes to both my Android and Outlook calendars and contacts. As I said in my original post, I have my USB connection set to "Charge Only". Hopefully, there will be a solution, soon.
    Daniel,

I am sorry for any inconvenience. When I find myself in situations like this I always do the simplest thing. I pick one Database and choose it as my master. I make sure all my information is up to date there. Yes manually. Yes I admit... time consuming. Then I backup my master and sync.

1.10.8 is out now. I can't guarantee updating and syncing will clean everything up. I would definitely backup my data on the PC Desktop before I did anything else though.

Keep us informed of any problems.