Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.10.7 and NO SYNC!

Thumbs down 1.10.7 and NO SYNC!

I just upgraded my Droid X to the latest version of Deja Office and I can say I'm not impressed!!! I can no longer sync my phone to the PC using companion link or anything else for that matter. previous to this update, I was able to sync contacts, calender, tasks, and notes flawlessly. I've tried reinstalling, rebooting, purging, reloading, and I cant get a single thing to sync............ I've lost all my contacts on the phone(but not on the pc) This upgrade has left my phone virtually useless for it's intended purpose,at least for now. has anyone else had these issues??? I really was very impressed by the program prior to the update

Have you also updated Companion Link as I read in the notes that the newer DJO requires an equally updated version of CL.

No i have not. thank you for the help and I will try that later today and will report back!

Ok,
    I went and did the update to Comanion link, and I have limited sucess in syncing the calender only.
    It seems to sync every ten or so times, but does not sync all events.
    Also now, I get the dreaded sd card unavailable, force closings, sync hangups, early ok button, ect.............
    This thing syncs in a totally different way almost every time I try.
    I still do not have any contacts listed under my contact section, but I did find most of them when I went to the dialer section and then contacts.
    So I then deleted my contact widget and reloaded it to see if it lost track of the file, but to no avail.
    I really cannot believe that this update has turned my most favorite phone EVER into a real POS that I cannot now use for my buisness.
    Does anyone know how to go back to the old program???
    Thank you in advance for any help that you may be.
    Best,
    Jeff

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leftplumma View Post
    Ok,
    I went and did the update to Comanion link, and I have limited sucess in syncing the calender only.
    It seems to sync every ten or so times, but does not sync all events.
    Also now, I get the dreaded sd card unavailable, force closings, sync hangups, early ok button, ect.............
    This thing syncs in a totally different way almost every time I try.
    I still do not have any contacts listed under my contact section, but I did find most of them when I went to the dialer section and then contacts.
    So I then deleted my contact widget and reloaded it to see if it lost track of the file, but to no avail.
    I really cannot believe that this update has turned my most favorite phone EVER into a real POS that I cannot now use for my buisness.
    Does anyone know how to go back to the old program???
    Thank you in advance for any help that you may be.
    Best,
    Jeff
    Try the following steps. Sounds like you need to turn Google Sync Off.
    [AB42512] When you set up your Android, it automatically sets your Android Contacts and Android Calendar to synchronize to Google. Here is how to turn it off:

1. Open Settings. Select "Accounts", "Accounts & Sync", or "Data Synchronization"
    2. Select the Google account (if available)
    3. Uncheck Contacts and/or Calendar

I hope this information helps.

Thank you,

Tech Support
    CompanionLink Software, Inc.

Leftplumma,
    I was having similar problems...this morning, after updating, I tried to sync and noticed SOME of my appointments didn't transfer to my DROID-X from Outlook. No problem with notes or contacts like you had though.
    I tried to re-sync (quite a few times) and had various other problems (too numerous to mention here) but many of the same messages you had
    I opened CL and went to "options" and chose "reread PC data on next sync" I then resync'd and all of the information is there.
    I'm not a computer wiz, DROID wiz...or any other wiz! All I know is it worked for me! Can't hurt to try (let me know if it works)

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C430 View Post
    Leftplumma,
    I was having similar problems...this morning, after updating, I tried to sync and noticed SOME of my appointments didn't transfer to my DROID-X from Outlook. No problem with notes or contacts like you had though.
    I tried to re-sync (quite a few times) and had various other problems (too numerous to mention here) but many of the same messages you had
    I opened CL and went to "options" and chose "reread PC data on next sync" I then resync'd and all of the information is there.
    I'm not a computer wiz, DROID wiz...or any other wiz! All I know is it worked for me! Can't hurt to try (let me know if it works)
    C430,

Very good advice and a common fix when sync functions a not working as expected.

Hello C430 and Thomas,
    Thank you for all the great information.
    I have since realized that I was using the Android calender and Contact list.
    I believe that will not work?
    It used to work flawlessly before the updat, but now it will not.
    Anyway, I looked on Deja calender and contact, and lo and behold, most everything was there.
    If I need to use only the Deja stuff, thats fine with me, but I still have a TON of sync issues.
    I did check to be sure that I'm not syncing with Google as well, and I'm not.
    I seem to get all sorts of random errors such as, the early ok sign, unable to locate sd card, sync not finished unmount card, hangups, 15 Min. sync times, and just all around lack of any reliable information transfer.
    There seems to be about eight or ten different ways that sync can happen, and unfortunately none of them seem right.
    But I am making headway, as I now feel that I at least know where the information is going, even if I cannot readily properly sync yet.
    Thanks for all the help guys!

One more thing,
    Sometimes when I hit the sync button I also instantly get the press when pc complete button, although the phone has not read anything????

I get that too...you have to wait until it tells you to press OK on the PC then you press OK on your phone and it will complete the sync...is that what you mean?
    I think if you don't wait, you won't get a complete sync.
    I configured my phone to only sync with Outlook and I turned off the sync with Google thing.
    I think I have to use the Google contacts for my car so I didn't completely delete them...only the ones I'd never call from my car Told you I wasn't an expert! LOL!
    Anyway...did you try my (unprofessional) fix? Hope it worked
    Carol