Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.10.7 and NO SYNC!

Hi Carol,
    Thanks for all the help, and suggestions.
    I downloaded the latest upgrade from Deja today on the market, and I'm having much better luck with getting things to sync up.
    I'm still getting sync times ranging from about a Min, to around ten or so Min. but i'm thinking that will work it's way out over a little time.
    I'm also going to try a few Batt pulls as well.
    So are you using only the Deja calender and contact pages on your phone?
    It's taken me a bit to get used to them, but I'm thinking that they are better then the stock Android stuff.
    Thanks again for all the help!
    Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I tried to update earlier today but my Droid X has a lot of issues also I just did a batt pull and it worked Grrrr...shouldn't have to do that!

Anyway, I am getting the same sync times as you...sometimes good...sometimes long...I don't get it but as far as data, it's better if I configure the CL on my PC and laptop BEFORE I sync

I am using the Deja calendar/notes/contacts and tasks exclusively on the Driod for everything except in my car...I think I HAVE TO have the native contact list there but I'm not sure and I don't want to rock that boat...it works for me and that's all I care about!

I like that DJO reflects the categories (colors) I have on Microsoft Office because I work in different places every day so I can see at a glance where I need to be that morning
    I think it's definately better than the stock Android stuff so I'll stick it out...besides I paid for it! And I think it sure beats the heck out of Blackberry

Good luck,
    Carol

Hi Carol,
    I agree with you on the Blackberry thing, as I am a convert myself.
    However, I am now back to al,most the same amount of hassle with sync as I was before.
    The newest bug is when I push sync on my DX I get the sync timeout screen as normal, but then no CL part of the sync.
    Then DO just dissapears from the screen, and it changes my wallpaper to the stock Droid??????????
    This is quite annoying, but then if I shut down the computer, restart, reconnect the phone, it then works!!!
    I cannot understand why this program will either work or wil not work.
    Almost every sync is different.
    Very frustrating!!!
    Good luck on your end,
    Jeff

Hmmmm, that sucks I am doing well on my end but I only have to sync about once every two or three weeks, my schedule for work comes out on a monthly basis

I just tried to sync for the heck of it and it's acting all weird...frozen, asking to "force close"! But no change of wallpaper ??? That's just crazy!
    I did (force close) and when I re-opened, I was able to press sync and wait for the "press sync on the phone to finish syncronizing" (or whatever it says) but it took a little while even though there have been NO changes from this weekend!
    I just briefly checked and all seems to be fine...Maybe Thomas has an answer for you.
    The thing that bothers me is EVERY time I sync, I am looking for a problem! I don't know if it's DROID X or DejaOffice...GRRRR! But so far I have been able to weather the storm and like I said, I really like the program WHEN IT WORKS!
    Good luck and keep in touch...hopefully you'll get a solution

DejaOffice Team Member
    Carol & Jeff,

If you need any help on our end please advise.

Hi Thomas,
    Thanks for the offer to help.
    I'm not really sure what happened, but since the upgrade to 1.10.7 I've not been able to sync properly.
    Things got slightly better with 1.10.8 but sync is now not even close to what it once was.
    I've read most all the posts here, and have tried all of the solutions offered, but still things are not right.
    It seems as though the program will sync well once in maybe ten times.
    The rest is a mixture of missed connections, freezups, timeouts, and just plain poor syncs.
    I'm not sure what to do at this point, but any help will be appreciated.
    Best,
    Jeff

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leftplumma View Post
    Hi Thomas,
    Thanks for the offer to help.
    I'm not really sure what happened, but since the upgrade to 1.10.7 I've not been able to sync properly.
    Things got slightly better with 1.10.8 but sync is now not even close to what it once was.
    I've read most all the posts here, and have tried all of the solutions offered, but still things are not right.
    It seems as though the program will sync well once in maybe ten times.
    The rest is a mixture of missed connections, freezups, timeouts, and just plain poor syncs.
    I'm not sure what to do at this point, but any help will be appreciated.
    Best,
    Jeff
    Hi Jeff,
    Some simple steps that might help.
    Restart your PC if you have not recently. A few users have recently reported that this helped immensely.
    I get that you are trying lots of stuff.
    Also when a customer says sync on the forums... our team thinks immediately:
    WiFi Sync?, USBSync?, Secure Hosted Sync?
    What version of CompanionLink? What build? What phone and what OS?

You did well in outlining the Drod X consistently but the other stuff sometimes we have to go hunting for.
    Some customers who post often actually include this information in their Profile Signature.

I find for people who include this we are able to provide faster and better advise to them.

SO 1.10.8 is installed. Have you tried to reread from your despktop app since then?

Hi thomas,
    I'm currently using a Droid-X Ver. # 2.3.340 also using CL V-4.0 build # 4032.
    I have rebooted both the PC and phone hundreds of times throuout this whole ordeal.
    The latest error I now have is when starting a sync everything goes normally and I get the press ok when pc done button, but then the button dissapears before CL does anything.
    Upon trying to resync the phone card cannot be found, and it askes me to unmount the card and change to charge only.
    Im also using USB to sync.
    Is wi-fi a better choice???
    Again i had absolutely ZERO problems before the updates.
    I also have tried to read from outlook as well as other options on the list many times.
    Thanks for your help.
    Jeff

Update

Hi Thomas,
    Just for curiosity sake, I plugged in a wireless adapter on the computer and tried to sync wirelessly.
    After a few times I got DO and CL to at least read and sync.
    The first time it seemed to go OK, but without any task sync as others have had.
    But any changes made on either the PC or the Phone are not synced to the other.
    I tried the reread outlook on sync and got the Argument error on the PC.
    When I try to cancell sync it freezes both the phone and CL.
    Wasn't the main purpose of these two programs to enable syncing of the device to a PC???????????????
    THIS PROGRAM WAS THE MAIN REASON I BOUGHT MY DEVICE IN THE FIRST PLACE.
    Had I known that sync was not possible I would have stayed with Blackberry.
    Please help me remedy this situation, if you can, and as always I appreciate whatever help you can offer.
    Signed,
    A very frustrated, and tired customer.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leftplumma View Post
    Hi Thomas,
    Just for curiosity sake, I plugged in a wireless adapter on the computer and tried to sync wirelessly.
    After a few times I got DO and CL to at least read and sync.
    The first time it seemed to go OK, but without any task sync as others have had.
    But any changes made on either the PC or the Phone are not synced to the other.
    I tried the reread outlook on sync and got the Argument error on the PC.
    When I try to cancell sync it freezes both the phone and CL.
    Wasn't the main purpose of these two programs to enable syncing of the device to a PC???????????????
    THIS PROGRAM WAS THE MAIN REASON I BOUGHT MY DEVICE IN THE FIRST PLACE.
    Had I known that sync was not possible I would have stayed with Blackberry.
    Please help me remedy this situation, if you can, and as always I appreciate whatever help you can offer.
    Signed,
    A very frustrated, and tired customer.
    Hi Jeff,

I feel your frustration right now. I also appreciate you being so open to advice and help.
    I just upgraded from Blackberry to an iPhone 4 on Verizon. As much as I LOVE my iPhone, I am going through some growing pains myself getting used to the differences.
    Let me give you a little history on our company. CompanionLink has been around for over 15 years. The sync technology in the CompanionLink Desktop software goes back even farther.
    The Android/iPhone - DejaOffice tool is a relatively new piece to the puzzle. It was developed on our end in an effort to contiue to support the changing needs of our Desktop customer base.

Some of the challenges we face that are specific to Android right now is an ever expanding device/OS platform that is virtually wide open. Supporting scores of devices all with slightly different hardware, operating systems, wireless carriers and specific features programmed to the phone.

This is very different from the Blackberry or iPhone platforms where the hardware, OS, and product features are all designed by a single company. (That is an entirely different set of challenges to deal with.) I am in no way recommending one over the other. Our commitment is to support you based on the device you choose.

I am familiar with some of the problems you have been having.
    I know you are using a Droid X. Syncing to Outlook.
    Are you currently using USB or WiFi sync? (We need to pick one because multiple sync methods creates an entirely new set of problems.)
    What version of Outlook?
    Was USB sync working before you attempted switching to Wifi sync?

We can get this to work.