Thread: Sending text messages

Red face Sending text messages

I am a newbie to DJO and to an Android device....I came from iPhone.

Here is my delima.

My wife and I moved to AT&T Inspire 4g days ago. We both are heavy users of Microsoft products, including Outlook. Of course, there is no native support of Outlook in an Android device, so we had to get DJO. Here is where we need advice.

We are people who like as few clicks as possible. So when I need to send a text, I have to click several times to get to the person I want to send it to because I am unable to use the native text message app in android as it looks in the android contacts for who to send to. So how can I send text msg with DJO without having to scroll through all my contacts and then pressing the txt msg button in DJO?

Any other advice on stream-lining the use of DJO is greatly appreciated.

thanks!!

CompanionLink Employee
    If you don't mind having your DJO contacts stored in the Android contacts app as well, there is a setting within DJO (Settings > Sync Settings > Sync with Android Contacts App) to do so. That would allow you to use the text message app as expected.

If you do not want to do this because you want to keep your DJO contacts separate from your Android contacts (as many of our users prefer to do), there are a few things you can do to help streamline texting. You could add a shortcut to the DejaContacts app on your homescreen. This would allow you to launch directly into your contacts, where you could then scroll to the contact or tap the search soft-key and jump to a contact that way. Alternatively, DJO 1.10, which was recently released, supports Global Search. This would allow you to tap the search soft-key from your homescreen and type in a contact's name to pull them up directly. For info on how to do that, take a look at our recent blog post on the subject.

Does this help?

Yes, this is helpful. I have sync my android contacts with my DJO contacts. Thanks!!!