+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Swap SD Card

Swap SD Card

I want to replace the current SD card with a larger capacity card. How can I "migrate" DJO to the new card?

You might try the droidforum: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-tech-issues/

I would like to do the same thing. Good luck.

Neil

I don't have any of the programs listed to use companion link with, All my contact info was entered directly into my Droid X on the 2G Sd card that I replaced with a 16G card. I saved the 2G files on my PC. With the new card in I reinstalled DJO and coped those files from my PC back to my new card and now I have my contacts again.

Thanks for the answer. May I ask why you reinstalled DJO? Thx.

Per instructions from DJO support. Very fast response. I tried the same proceedure without the reiinstall and it didn't work.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryderbob View Post
    Per instructions from DJO support. Very fast response. I tried the same proceedure without the reiinstall and it didn't work.
    Bob,

What exactly didn't work? Did you inform the support dept of the issue and have they responded?

Thomas

Thanks for your concern. What didn't work was that no contacts were displayed after I swapped cards and dragged the previous card files that I stored on my PC to the new card in my Droid X. Once I followed the DJO support suggestion to reinstall DJO, my contacts transfered to the new card so I am a happy camper. Great support. I just wish you had a Windows version that I could run on my PC and sync with my phone since this program does most everything I need and I don't have any other similiar software on my PC to sync with. I know you need to have sellable software and I would be willing to purchase it (provided it is reasonably priced) or companion sync if that is the software that would transfer the data.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Thanks for your concern. What didn't work was that no contacts were displayed after I swapped cards and dragged the previous card files that I stored on my PC to the new card in my Droid X. Once I followed the DJO support suggestion to reinstall DJO, my contacts transfered to the new card so I am a happy camper. Great support. I just wish you had a Windows version that I could run on my PC and sync with my phone since this program does most everything I need and I don't have any other similiar software on my PC to sync with. I know you need to have sellable software and I would be willing to purchase it (provided it is reasonably priced) or companion sync if that is the software that would transfer the data.
    CompanionLink is the SW to sync to the desktop. We are the same company that makes and supports both products.

http://www.companionlink.com/products/

I hope this link helps.

As far as I know Palm Desktop, which corresponds closely to DJO, can still be downloaded for free. Just don't bother installing or setting up it's Palm synch, and use Companion Link.

+ Reply to Thread