Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calendar appointment times getting changed when changing time zone incorrectly

Smile Calendar appointment times getting changed when changing time zone incorrectly

I routinely change time zones all the time. I noticed that when I let the Samsung Fascinate update time zone and time when I land that Deja Office incorrectly changes appointment times and not change them back correctly when I return to home time zone. is there a fix for this. I use Outlook 2010 with time zones on appointments.

For the (rare) occasions I will be out of my time zone, I want to be able to enter calendar times in the local time. E.g. if I plan to attend a session in Chicago at 1:00, I want to put it in while I am still on the East Coast. But if I do, it will be converted to 12:00 when I reach Chicago. Ditto with airplane fights: I shouldn't have to put in a 3:00 to be sure to see that my flight is at 2:00.

Galaxy S Captivate, Android 2.2, Palm Desktop

I feel with you.
    Last week I had to travel to a 1 hour different time zone and all my appointments (30 of them...) where shifted by 1 hour and everything was offset.
    A appointment at 13:00 should stay a 13:00 appointment no matter what time zone I am in!
    DJO Team: Any way to switch that off? I entered my appointment in Palm Desktop without any time zone and if you have done it that way in the Palm days the appointments where not shifted. It was not very nice to find out all my appointment have shifted in DJO!
    Since I usually also make a printout of my desktop calendar entering the appointments 1 hour later would be also very confusing! (1 hour is also very little compared to 10 hours when I am travelling Germany - Australia where I would need to schedule appointments 1 day earlier at 23:00 to show correctly at 9:00 the next day when I am in the other time zone!
    Automatically moving the appointments should be able to be switched off!
    I also can't think of any practical use of this, besides maybe a telephone conference (But than again, wouldn't you calculate it yourself over to the local time you would be at the time of the call)?
    Can ANYONE give me a practical (not theoretical) example of this?
    Thanks.

I have found a sporadic time change in my Palm desktop in times of appointments. Eg a 1.00 pm appointment gets changed to 12.00 pm. I do not have time zone changes. Live in Saskatchewan where we do not change times. This of course can be a pretty serious glitch. Why would it change my times? How can I prevent this?

The appointments are scheduled according to their "real" time, i.e., an appointment in London at 12 noon happens when it is 4 am in San Francisco (+/- DST shift). It is then translated to local time depending on the time zone of the device. This makes a lot of sense especially for phone calls. The solution is to set these appointments appropriately in the first place. In Outlook Calendar there is a functionality to select time zone of an event independently of the time zone on the device or computer.Then when the device is switched to a local time zone the events are scheduled correctly

Angry

I have to agree it "might" make sense for phone calls if you are constantly on the move. But for people seeing actually people, the adding of a time zone adds an additional hassle.
    If you see a person a 14:00 o'clock should stay a 14:00 appointment.
    Example: I sit in My Sydney office and call up customers in Brisbane (1 Hour difference, but only when it is daylight savings time in Sydney) and enter all my appointments in Sydney.
    Now I fly to Brisbane and all my appointments have shifted by 1 hour!
    When I enter appointments I should not need to select a time zone.
    In Palm (Desktop as well as Mobile) it was simply done by selecting "NO TIME ZONE" and the times where not adjusted. (And you could set that as default)
    I haven't looked to detailed into this, but DJO doesn't seem to respect that setting (from my Palm Desktop) when Syncing and simply takes the local time zone (from PC or Phone?).
    Also I can't seem to find any time zone selector in DJO office itself!
    So I have to calculate every time IN MY HEAD what time it will be when I am there and have an appointment?
    Some states/ countries have daylight savings time, others don't. This makes it MUCH more complicated as you have to know all the time zones and when Daylight saving time will be in effect (if at all) before you can enter an appointment time in your mobile!
    Plus You can't actually print out a hard copy for your records because it would show all the wrong times. My company doesn't do this, but I know o fplenty of companies that do not allow the time zones to be switches (for security reasons). These people will have no way of printing a proper hard copy!
    This behavior is not correct and will lead to trouble to a lot of people.
    Last edited by marwerno; 04-01-2011 at 07:12 AM.

I love DJCalendar and use it as my only calendar. But I am surprised there has been no response to this time-zone problem. I just flew from OK to CA. In CA all of my times were off by 2 hours, including the time for my return flight. This could have been a disaster. Anyone know if there is a solution or if this has been addressed?
    Thanks.

Search the forum. This has already been discussed and the DJO Dev team is working on a solution for this.

Thanks, McLion. After searching and reading many more threads, I see that they hope to address the "time zone" problem in v1.12.1. I leave in 2 weeks for a heavily scheduled conference in Austria (8 time zones away) and, at this point, I'm waiting to enter any events until I arrive in Vienna. Anyway, now I appreciate much more all of the calendar headaches that the DJO team has to deal with.

Hello everybody & thank you all for you input regarding time zones.

We are currently testing a new version of DejaOffice that will address both users who frequently change time zones, and those who synchronize between different time zones.

Obviously, this is a big change for the application - so we want to give it the time it needs for testing. We don't yet have a definitive release date, but we'll be sure to post more information when we do.