Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: syncing and duplicate contacts

syncing and duplicate contacts

Since this seems to be the first forum post ever...let me start by saying DjaOffice looks amazing.

I'm a huge CompanionLink fan and have been using it for quite some time, so this seemed to be a natural fit for me. I installed it, got everything set up and hit the sync button...and wound up with not just duplicate contacts, but quadruplicate contacts. (Yikes!)

I've tried a few different things now, and it seems that without hitting the sync button (on my iPhone), the calendar doesn't sync...but if I do press that button, my contacts instantly double and triple. Some of them create duplicates that only create an email address.

Could it be something with my Google account? Something on my iPhone? Something else that doesn't want me using DjaOffice?

Woot Alli! Please excuse our dust as we are setting up.

I'm going to have the QA team look into it for a bit. It looks like something in the data stream is causing the sync to not complete. Since it is incomplete it restarts, which explains the dupes. Let me see if we can identify the issue from our side.

Thank you for contributing!

Wayland Bruns, CTO
    DejaOffice Team

Thanks for the reply, Wayland! Looking forward to DejaOffice replacing my other attempts at calendaring on my iPhone. This is absolutely what many of us have been waiting for!

Alli, here's the scoop.

For Contacts, they are already coming from Google. DejaOffice uses the iPhone API for Contacts to incorporate them. So with CompanionLink Sync, just turn Contact Sync off. There's a checkbox for that.

For Calendar, I checked the wireless boxes online, and see from the data packet type that you are using an older version of CompanionLink. Best to download a spiffy new CompanionLink Professional Trial from the CompanionLink website. Set it to Calendar and Task sync only (turn off Contacts). This should get you a much better result.

Keep me posted how it goes.

Wayland Bruns, CTO
    DejaOffice Team

A spiffy new CompanionLink - woot! Evidently I can finally justify having bought the pro version in the first place.

Quick update...updated CompanionLink. Unchecked Contacts, checked Tasks. Hit sync on the computer end. Calendar items still not syncing. Open DejaOffice on iPhone, tap sync...stare in horror as it tells me adding contacts....cancel sync...go to Google and remove duplicates. This is getting old. There must be something else I'm missing.

Alli, I should have warned. There was still a lot of data waiting from the prior syncs on April 4. I've cleaned it out now. So you can just run the sync on the phone. The only data waiting is Calendar and Tasks from April 6. Give a run!

You're not gonna believe this.... Contacts came out alright, but now I've dups in my calendar events. LOL!!

Alli, on the PC side, from the main screen, select "Options" and then "Purge and Reload All". This will reset the Calendar/Tasks from the PC. See if that clears out the dupes.

Curiouser and curiouser....when I sync Google to my Palm desktop I have the purge and reload option. When I sync to the iPhone, there is no purge and reload option.