Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: syncing and duplicate contacts

Help! I'm having a similar problem with having 4 and 5 listings of each contact. I sync directly from my PC (Outlook) to my i phone. The other issue I'm having is with the calendar and category color coding. All the category color codes are listed in dejaoffice and they correspond to the category color codes listed in my Outlook calendar. But when I sync PC and i phone and open dejacal, the info is there but dejacal shows everything as 'no category/ gray'! Very boring and not too helpful. What do I do next?Or maybe a better question is, what am I doing wrong? Has anyone else had similar problems?
    Last edited by Nana; 07-27-2010 at 08:32 AM.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Hi Nana. "No Category" is normal for the DejaCalendar events when you are using an iTunes wired sync. What happens here is that your Outlook calendar is synced to the iPhone calendar with iTunes, but the iPhone calendar doesn't keep track of categories, so when DejaCalendar is synced with the iPhone calendar, all the events come over as uncategorized (gray). This isn't the case with the CompanionLink Wi-Fi sync, which retains the categorization. As for the duplicates, is it possible that they are coming from another source, for example Microsoft Exchange or a Google account?

Hi Eric,
    Thank you for your response. I understand the 'no category ' problem when looking at the i phone calendar, but I did the USB sync using companionlink and it still came up the same way. Does that mean I can only sync via wi-fi? I don't know why the duplicates because I don't use either of the other 2 programs you mentioned. In order to use the Wi-Fi sync, which version of companionlink should I use? I want to be able to sync the i phone with both my PC and my laptop. I am especially concerned with being able to keep my calendar and contacts in sync between the 3 devices (i phone, PC and laptop). I really would appreciate a quick reply if possible. I'm going out of town and would like to make sure I have things set up right by tonight.

Nana, synchronizing two computers is something we support and definitely test out.

Co-incidentally I just has someone validate Wi-Fi Sync with two computers. It works great. This is the best solution for iPhone and a PC and Laptop.

Wonderful! Now, please, which version of companionlink should I select? And once selected and installed, should I not use the USB to sync with my PC. I had an evaluation trial of companion link express. With it, I'd been opening i tunes, selecting my i phone and then using the USB would sync via the companionlink sync button, but as I indicated before, none of the categories transferred over from Outlook to i phone. I then called companionlink support to try and correct the problem and they referred me to you and dejaoffice.com.
    Now I'm even more confused. Do I sync with companion link (version?), or with DJO?
    Again, I'm delighted to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel, but I need to hurry to get there.
    Thanks for the help. I'll await your solution!

Nana-
    You will need CompanionLink Express to sync via Wi-Fi. You will no longer need to sync via USB with iTunes, b/c as Eric discussed earlier this will not give you calendar categories - which is what you want. You can follow the setup guide found here to get started: http://www.companionlink.com/support...hone_wifi.html.

duplicate contacts in iPhone

On monday I synced my iPhone with outlook through the hosted wireless.
    When a bit later I wanted to make a call, to my horror all my iPhone contact (not Deja contacts) were all duplicated.
    I spent 30 minutes having to clean up my contact list.

Hallo,

Could it be I have the same problem as Alli mentioned in April.
    I have unchecked the contacts sync for my iPhone sync, but it's still syncing contact.
    Might there still be data on your server?
    If so, could you erase it so I can resync.
    Deleting for a second 30 min kind of removes the whole purpose of having this sync program.
    Txs,
    Katia