Thread: Adding a DejaContact into a DejaCalendar event.

Adding a DejaContact into a DejaCalendar event.

If I try to add a DejaContact, using the search function, into a DejaCalendar event it does't work since the latest update.

Neil

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nbrice View Post
    If I try to add a DejaContact, using the search function, into a DejaCalendar event it does't work since the latest update.

Neil
    I was able to use the Android Search function to add a Contact to a Calendar Event.
    Can you please write out your steps?
    Is this 1.10.8 (The version I used.)
    Device Model and OS version always helps as well.

I have a Droid 2, DejaOffice 1.10.8,

Steps:
    1-Open DejaCalendar
    2-Create an event
    3-Touch "Add Contact"
    4-Touch "Search"
    5-Key in the DejaConctact to be added
    6-Touch the displayed DejaContact to be added
    7-None of the options (Edit, Delete, Add Event, Add Task) allow me to include the DejaContact in the DejaCalendar event.

What am I doing wrong?

Neil

I'm with you Neil. I've followed the same procedure as you on my Samsung Galaxy S and have been unable to add a contact via "Search" since installing the upgrade to 1.10.8.
    Selecting the contact simply brings up the contact's details and doesn't link it to an appointment.
    It's the first problem I've encountered since I began using DejaOffice a few months ago.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Onetui View Post
    I'm with you Neil. I've followed the same procedure as you on my Samsung Galaxy S and have been unable to add a contact via "Search" since installing the upgrade to 1.10.8.
    Selecting the contact simply brings up the contact's details and doesn't link it to an appointment.
    It's the first problem I've encountered since I began using DejaOffice a few months ago.
    If your device allows you to download iur beta rev, I would try doing that. AT&T phones are blocked form this.
    There is a fix in 1.10.9beta for the search function issue.

DejaOffice v1.10.9
    -added USB sync support for Samsung Epic 4G devices updated to Android OS 2.2 (Froyo)
    -DejaCalendar and DejaTasks now allow searching records when linking contacts
    -new tasks now default to no due date vs today's date
    -fixed multiple issues with tablet mode crashing in various screens (DejaCalendar edits, DejaToday, and DejaExpenses)
    -fixed an issue where the date picker in tablet mode did not display the full month
    -fixed an issue in tablet mode where contacts did not display in business/micro modes
    -fixed an issue where DJOA would crash after removing a task due date
    -fixed an issue where the default alarm date picker could be set for 12/31/1969
    -fixed an issue where non-recurring tasks would not sync via Wi-Fi or CLSH
    -fixed an issue in tablet mode where default alarm times were not set

1.10.9 fixed the issue
    Last edited by nbrice; 03-15-2011 at 09:20 PM.