+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sync made with false settings - iphone instead of android

Sync made with false settings - iphone instead of android

Hello, I've synced "Outlook to Android" from XP via Wi-Fi with CompL Ver4 (Build 4029) to my SE X10i ( AD 2.1 ) but Setting was "Apple iPhone(Wi-Fi Sync)" ;o( and after a "successful" end of these procedure DejaOffice on my Fon does not start... German: " Anwendung DejaOffice (in Prozess com.companionlink.clubsync) reagiert nicht" means "APP DO ( in process ... ) does not react"
    ...any deinstall - newinstall of DejaOffice and doesn't help and any SE Resets are without advantages.
    Any idea or a past thread I've not found with a solution available before I have to reinstall Android a further time to fix it ?o)
    THX

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beamcola View Post
    Hello, I've synced "Outlook to Android" from XP via Wi-Fi with CompL Ver4 (Build 4029) to my SE X10i ( AD 2.1 ) but Setting was "Apple iPhone(Wi-Fi Sync)" ;o( and after a "successful" end of these procedure DejaOffice on my Fon does not start... German: " Anwendung DejaOffice (in Prozess com.companionlink.clubsync) reagiert nicht" means "APP DO ( in process ... ) does not react"
    ...any deinstall - newinstall of DejaOffice and doesn't help and any SE Resets are without advantages.
    Any idea or a past thread I've not found with a solution available before I have to reinstall Android a further time to fix it ?o)
    THX

First I would change the sync settings in CompanionLink setup for my Android Phone. Then power cycle your Android and turn off Google Sync:

[AB42512] When you set up your Android, it automatically sets your Android Contacts and Android Calendar to synchronize to
    Google. Here is how to turn it off:

1. Open Settings. Select "Accounts", "Accounts & Sync", or "Data Synchronization"
    2. Select the Google account (if available)
    3. Uncheck Contacts and/or Calendar

=============================

You may need to do a Purge and Reload in CompanionLink as well.

Hi Thomas, thanks for info, but my google sync is off anyway and therefore this could not be my solution,

...but following further info:
    If I change original microSD to an empty one and start DejaOffice,
    DO begins with a new setup and without any database content
    - not the best, but it would be a solution for me.

QUESTION:
    which file or folder I have to delete on the original microSD to get the same result ?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Hi Thomas, thanks for info, but my google sync is off anyway and therefore this could not be my solution,

...but following further info:
    If I change original microSD to an empty one and start DejaOffice,
    DO begins with a new setup and without any database content
    - not the best, but it would be a solution for me.

QUESTION:
    which file or folder I have to delete on the original microSD to get the same result ?
    Look for a life named "CLUSB".
    We have had some problems where this file has been duplicated in some instances and has been creating some odd behavior. There should be only on file named CLUSB.

Hi Thomas, your suggestion due to "CLUSB" was all what I want, Database was cleared and since next sync everything is fine again -
    Thank you very much !

Please let me give you one further awareness for your programmers and beta-testers here, I've found during my tests: Outlook2003 - contacts - notice field: in the middle of all Text there I had one line with 3 minus' only, means --- nothing else. After sync only the part of the text after these line with --- arrived android Fon and iPhone - hope you can fix it - Cheers

DejaOffice Team Member
    Hi Thomas, your suggestion due to "CLUSB" was all what I want, Database was cleared and since next sync everything is fine again -
    Thank you very much !

Please let me give you one further awareness for your programmers and beta-testers here, I've found during my tests: Outlook2003 - contacts - notice field: in the middle of all Text there I had one line with 3 minus' only, means --- nothing else. After sync only the part of the text after these line with --- arrived android Fon and iPhone - hope you can fix it - Cheers
    Hi Beamcola,

I am glad the CLUSB fix worked.

Regarding the Outlook 2003 sync error.
    A few questions:

Did the data sync incorrectly from your computer to the phone? Or form the phone to the computer?
    Did you try correcting the record on the computer and syncing again? If so, did this fix the problem?

Was this record created on the phone or in Outlook originally?
    Is this an ongoing issue or a problem you found after syncing with the wrong settings?

Thanks,

> Hi Beamcola,
    >

> Did the data sync incorrectly from your computer to the phone? Or form the phone to the computer?
    ANSWER: computer to phone

> Did you try correcting the record on the computer and syncing again? If so, did this fix the problem?
    ANSWER: correcting made on computer - syned again - problem fixed

> Was this record created on the phone or in Outlook originally?
    ANSWER: seams it was an origionally Outlook data record...
    ...but not sure when it was created primarily - also it could be created years ago (!) on an other and older phone and overtaken via older syncs, but please note info below ( now one way push sync only - at this time no data records created or changed on the connected iPhone or Android - no further influence by any other sync procedure to this database )

> Is this an ongoing issue or a problem you found after syncing with the wrong settings?
    ANSWER: this is an ongoing issue and reproduceable with same and other data records and reacts like a hidden circuit breaker ;o)

########## ########## ##########

Hi Thomas,

( please find my answers inside of your questionnaire above )

during this test period I am in, I decited to change data records at Outlook only and push information to 100% via Outlook to iPhone and Outlook to Android with clearing of all data before and without any sync back.
    It is a necessarily reaction of my very optimistical usage at the first some test days with your product. I started to sync with one Outlook to two phones ( an iPhone and an Android ) alternately and bidirectionally ;o))) Results within a dozen syncs were bloated databases with multiples of data records and my consequential decision turning back to start.
    This phenomenon ( the "---" ciruit breaker ) occurred with one of approx. 800 contact data records and found out incidentaly only. But with other old and new data records tested and reproduceable.

Wish you all achievements with your Software and if you have any further questions
    please do not hesitate to contact me again

Best regards
    Last edited by beamcola; 03-12-2011 at 03:59 AM. Reason: confusing form - bad style

DejaOffice Team Member
    > Hi Beamcola,
    >

> Did the data sync incorrectly from your computer to the phone? Or form the phone to the computer?
    ANSWER: computer to phone

> Did you try correcting the record on the computer and syncing again? If so, did this fix the problem?
    ANSWER: correcting made on computer - syned again - problem fixed

> Was this record created on the phone or in Outlook originally?
    ANSWER: seams it was an origionally Outlook data record...
    ...but not sure when it was created primarily - also it could be created years ago (!) on an other and older phone and overtaken via older syncs, but please note info below ( now one way push sync only - at this time no data records created or changed on the connected iPhone or Android - no further influence by any other sync procedure to this database )

> Is this an ongoing issue or a problem you found after syncing with the wrong settings?
    ANSWER: this is an ongoing issue and reproduceable with same and other data records and reacts like a hidden circuit breaker ;o)

########## ########## ##########

Hi Thomas,

( please find my answers inside of your questionnaire above )

during this test period I am in, I decited to change data records at Outlook only and push information to 100% via Outlook to iPhone and Outlook to Android with clearing of all data before and without any sync back.
    It is a necessarily reaction of my very optimistical usage at the first some test days with your product. I started to sync with one Outlook to two phones ( an iPhone and an Android ) alternately and bidirectionally ;o))) Results within a dozen syncs were bloated databases with multiples of data records and my consequential decision turning back to start.
    This phenomenon ( the "---" ciruit breaker ) occurred with one of approx. 800 contact data records and found out incidentaly only. But with other old and new data records tested and reproduceable.

Wish you all achievements with your Software and if you have any further questions
    please do not hesitate to contact me again

Best regards
    Hi Beamcola,

What version of CompanionLink are you using? If you are syncing with multiple devices to the Same desktop with a standard version of CompanionLink you can do some very unpleasant things to you your data on the desktop and on the phone.

CompanionLink was not designed to handle situations like that and bad things will happen. CompanionLink Professional uses device profile technology, but the other versions do not.
    Not clear exactly what your configuration is, but expect big problems unless you have the Pro version, and have entered specific device profiles into the CompanionLink Desktop SW.

Hi Thomas,
    I'm using the normal version of CL and I'm sure you're right for a continuing usage, but at first I've to try out more fundamental questions and therefore my above described procedures and my "false settings" sync error was my own handling problem and the "---" ciruit breaker phenomenon is independent to your doubts too. Furthermore that "---" is not important for me than more interesting for you I thought as much.
    THX & Cheers

+ Reply to Thread