+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alarm sounds after task marked complete

Alarm sounds after task marked complete

DJO 1.10.9

I had a task with a configured alarm. I marked the task complete, several minutes before the alarm was scheduled to sound. The alarm sounded regardless.

Calendar syncs to Android even though sync is disabled.

DJO 1.10.9

I've been seeing this for quite a while. I have turned off the sync to calendar in DJO. It syncs regardless. I have contact sync turned on, which I do want. I don't use the Android calendar. I don't sync my calendar to Google. I don't want DJO to sync to Android. It would be different if it were a 2-way sync. Then it would be useful. As it is, for me, syncing to Android is not useful.

DejaOffice Team Member
    It is easier to address this as one thread with two questions so I merged the two.

So you created a task in DejaOffice that is not synced back to your PC?
    You marked it as complete several minutes before the due time and the alarm fired anyway.
    Is this correct?

Since you are not syncing Calendar I have questions about the task sync settings first?
    How is this configured?

Why did you merge these? They are totally separate incidents. Please read more carefully.

I never said anything about tasks not syncing to my PC. It syncs just fine. I am talking about DJO, on the phone. I marked the task complete. In DJO on the phone. The alarm sounded anyway, several minutes later. On the phone. In DJO. Once the task is marked as complete, there is no reason for the alarm to sound.

As for the other question, that, too, is totally on the phone. I am not talking about syncing to my PC. That part works just fine. I use WIFI sync. I am talking about the Android calendar database. Why does DJO sync to the Android calendar database even though I have it turned off?

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sjmiller View Post
    Why did you merge these? They are totally separate incidents. Please read more carefully.

I never said anything about tasks not syncing to my PC. It syncs just fine. I am talking about DJO, on the phone. I marked the task complete. In DJO on the phone. The alarm sounded anyway, several minutes later. On the phone. In DJO. Once the task is marked as complete, there is no reason for the alarm to sound.

As for the other question, that, too, is totally on the phone. I am not talking about syncing to my PC. That part works just fine. I use WIFI sync. I am talking about the Android calendar database. Why does DJO sync to the Android calendar database even though I have it turned off?
    I merged them for a number of reasons. Like the fact that DJO handles Tasks very similar to the way that it handles Calendar events and if one was being synced and the other not, there might be a bug in the code we need to address....

Also I merged them because I am the moderator of this board and I prefer to address multiple issues from the same customer in a single thread.

So please see my request in the Third post you made about the same device and configuration keep these together in the future.

DejaOffice Team Member

To address your question about syncing to the Calendar DB.

Can you please provide some additional information:

Android device and OS?
    Please specify the exact options that are selected in Settings>Sync Settings>Sync with Android Calendar apps.
    Did this behavior suddenly change with the latest update? (Was it working correctly in the recent past?)

After you check that... Please note:
    We have a new build posted to the Android Market 1.10.9. Does this problem still occur with the new build installed and the correct settings verified after the installation?

As I stated in my original post, I am already running DJO 1.10.9. There is no build number visible in the About screen, but Android Market tells me it is already installed. Is the market version different than what was posted as the beta? The exact options, there is only one, is that Settings>Sync Settings>Sync with Android Calendar app is NOT checked. If I could clear out the Account value I would, but it is set to the default account. I am on a Droid X running Android 2.2.1. I do not recall that this ever worked correctly.

DejaOffice Team Member
    As I stated in my original post, I am already running DJO 1.10.9. There is no build number visible in the About screen, but Android Market tells me it is already installed. Is the market version different than what was posted as the beta? The exact options, there is only one, is that Settings>Sync Settings>Sync with Android Calendar app is NOT checked. If I could clear out the Account value I would, but it is set to the default account. I am on a Droid X running Android 2.2.1. I do not recall that this ever worked correctly.
    There isn't any difference from the beta build and what we posted to the market this morning.
    Sorry I missed the build reference at the top. My bad.

So if I am hearing you correctly, Sync with Android Calendar is turned off in DejaOffice.
    With it set that way - you enter a Calendar event in DejaCal.
    What exactly happens after the new event is entered into DejaCal?
    Does the event show up in the Android Calendar app? - Are you getting alarms firing from Andoid Calendar and DejaOffice?

DejaOffice Team Member
    DJO 1.10.9

I had a task with a configured alarm. I marked the task complete, several minutes before the alarm was scheduled to sound. The alarm sounded regardless.
    Sorry for the misfire.
    I am going to try and reproduce this on our end.
    I have your device info below.
    Sounds like this tasks was created in DejaOffice directly. Please confirm this.
    You said it was marked complete several minutes before it was due. Just to eliminate any vagueness are we talking 3-5 minutes in advance or something different?
    And just to be clear. You have what I would call a standalone DejaOffice configuration. Not syncing with CompanionLink. Correct?
    You simply simply sync with your Android Contacts and that is it. - Please verify this part. It has a huge affect on the outcome of our tests.

The event does eventually show up in the Android calendar app. I have all alarms turned off in the Android calandar app, since I don't use it, so I am not getting any alarms from that app. The only reason I might want to sync the calendar to the Android app is because some calandar widgets can read that database, but not DJO's database. But I only try these occasionally. I haven't found a calendar widget yet that I like. And so I keep the option turned off, but new items find their way to it, regardless of the setting. If it were a two-way sync, there are other reasons I would try to take advantage of it, but it's not, so I don't.

+ Reply to Thread