+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alarm sounds after task marked complete

I sync using CompanionLink over WiFi. Yes, the task was created in DJO. I created the task last Friday. It synced to Outlook after I got home that day. It was set to alarm this morning at 8:15AM. At approximately 8:11Am I marked the task as complete, using DJO. At 8:15AM the alarm in DJO sounded. I eventually was able to check Outlook, and the completed status was synced, and the alarm in Outlook (I didn't specifically set an alarm in Outlook - I'm assuming that was also synced) did not sound.

My complete sync configuration is like this:

Sync using CompanionLink over WiFi:
    Contacts
    Calendar
    Tasks
    Notes

Sync to native Android database using DJO
    Contacts

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sjmiller View Post
    I sync using CompanionLink over WiFi. Yes, the task was created in DJO. I created the task last Friday. It synced to Outlook after I got home that day. It was set to alarm this morning at 8:15AM. At approximately 8:11Am I marked the task as complete, using DJO. At 8:15AM the alarm in DJO sounded. I eventually was able to check Outlook, and the completed status was synced, and the alarm in Outlook (I didn't specifically set an alarm in Outlook - I'm assuming that was also synced) did not sound.

My complete sync configuration is like this:

Sync using CompanionLink over WiFi:
    Contacts
    Calendar
    Tasks
    Notes

Sync to native Android database using DJO
    Contacts
    This is great information to have. Thanks SJ (Can I call you SJ?)
    We are trying to track down these kinds of issues specifically. Thank you for the complete configuration update and the exact result.
    Huge help!

This may be hard to reproduce since we had some very special scenarios over the weekend with the DST change that might (not sure about this) have an effect on the outcome.
    Is this an isolated incident for you or something that has occurred more than once?

I don't usually get to a task before an alarm. I usually forget. That's why I put an alarm on it. This time I happened to remember. So I can't recall if it has ever happened in the past. I would need to create a new event and test it to see if it happens again.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Understood. Congrats on tackling one on time. Sorry for any inconvenience.
    I think I know what happened here but give me some time to verify my suspicions.
    If you have beter things to do with your time please take care of that.

Probably a refresh issue. I am guessing the event was marked complete and then you exited without re opening the task.
    No excuses on that. I want to figure out if we have a bug. This info helps.

Thanks

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sjmiller View Post
    I don't usually get to a task before an alarm. I usually forget. That's why I put an alarm on it. This time I happened to remember. So I can't recall if it has ever happened in the past. I would need to create a new event and test it to see if it happens again.
    I see the behavior you are reporting on our in house droid X.
    The preset alarm fires regardless of attempts to refresh. I also noticed the alarm icon next to the completed task that was lined out.
    I will let everyone know as soon as this gets fixed.

I will report this issue to the Dev group immediately. Thanks for the help tracking it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    I see the behavior you are reporting on our in house droid X.
    The preset alarm fires regardless of attempts to refresh. I also noticed the alarm icon next to the completed task that was lined out.
    I will let everyone know as soon as this gets fixed.

I will report this issue to the Dev group immediately. Thanks for the help tracking it down.
    I suspect this and a problem I emailed to support this morning are related. I'll summarize here for the forum readers (Thomas - I put a lot more detail in the support email). It's not identical to the OP's, but they both involve alarms not clearing and completions not being honored.

Last week I created a recurring Task with a due date of today, an alarm at 6:15 AM, and a recurrence of Weekly. I believe I created it in DJO (1.10.7 - I didn't grab 1.10.8 because of problems I saw posted here, and I didn't see 1.10.9 until just now), but it's possible I created it in Palm Desktop. Today, the alarm went off as planned, but wouldn't go away. It would just keep popping up, mere seconds after I hit Dismiss or Snooze. I even tried marking the task as complete (which didn't work - it marked as complete, but then the alarm went off a few seconds later, and the task was un-complete-marked), and then went so far as to delete it (which just plain didn't work).

I tried marking it complete in Palm Desktop and syncing, but the alarm popping up got in the way of the sync working.

I rebooted the phone, and the problem went away. I ended up just deleting the task and syncing, and so now things are fine.

Thomas - one note on the support email. I think I said in that I was on 1.10.8, but I was wrong.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RobFreundlich View Post
    I suspect this and a problem I emailed to support this morning are related. I'll summarize here for the forum readers (Thomas - I put a lot more detail in the support email). It's not identical to the OP's, but they both involve alarms not clearing and completions not being honored.

Last week I created a recurring Task with a due date of today, an alarm at 6:15 AM, and a recurrence of Weekly. I believe I created it in DJO (1.10.7 - I didn't grab 1.10.8 because of problems I saw posted here, and I didn't see 1.10.9 until just now), but it's possible I created it in Palm Desktop. Today, the alarm went off as planned, but wouldn't go away. It would just keep popping up, mere seconds after I hit Dismiss or Snooze. I even tried marking the task as complete (which didn't work - it marked as complete, but then the alarm went off a few seconds later, and the task was un-complete-marked), and then went so far as to delete it (which just plain didn't work).

I tried marking it complete in Palm Desktop and syncing, but the alarm popping up got in the way of the sync working.

I rebooted the phone, and the problem went away. I ended up just deleting the task and syncing, and so now things are fine.

Thomas - one note on the support email. I think I said in that I was on 1.10.8, but I was wrong.
    Hi ROb,

Thanks for the input. I will look at the ticket.

+ Reply to Thread