Closed Thread

Thread: question

question

Hi, I'm using Outlook 2010, and I have several notes on Outlook that I'm syncing to DejaOffice Notes. This may be a stupid question, but I can't figure out how to make a note a private record. How can I do so?

I have tried going to Settings, Private Records, Set Password. After setting a password, I can't then make a Note private.

Can you guys help?

Thanks

DejaOffice Team Member
    Not a stupid question. You can make a note private by editing the note, and putting a checkmark in the "Private" box. The record should then be masked or hidden, based on your private records settings.

thanks; another question

I followed your instructions, masked the note, and it shows as *****. However, it doesn't ask me to enter my password in order to view it, so in effect it is not password-protected. Is there something more I need to do?

Thanks

sorry, I figured it out... thanks

thanks for all your help

I will let you in until the timer runs out. Usually 5 minutes. This is to make it easy to move around your notes.

But eventually the timer runs out, and then you have to re-enter your password to get another "five minutes" to see things.

Closed Thread