Thread: Help with Category layering in Monthly view

Help with Category layering in Monthly view

Hi there -

I am using DejaOffice for Android for the Sprint Edge. I am still under the trial period, but diligently trying to make this work for me, since the default installed calendar option doesn't meet my needs. I am specifically using this for the Outlook categories and Outlook to Android sync.

Anyhoo, when I use the Monthly view, I can see that if there are multiple categorized events, it displays one color, rather than multiple colors (makes sense).

Is there a way to either 1) turn off or prioritize categories so that a particular one is on top or possibly ignored in the Monthly view?

ie. One date with a Birthday (all day) and a Business (all day), make it so the day of the month displays the Business color. The Business appointment is more important than the Birthday so I'd like to show a blue day (Business) rather than a green day (Birthday).

If this isn't possible, how are the categories layered? FIFO? or by time of day? alphabetically, etc?

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Melisa

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Melisa View Post
    Hi there -

I am using DejaOffice for Android for the Sprint Edge. I am still under the trial period, but diligently trying to make this work for me, since the default installed calendar option doesn't meet my needs. I am specifically using this for the Outlook categories and Outlook to Android sync.

Anyhoo, when I use the Monthly view, I can see that if there are multiple categorized events, it displays one color, rather than multiple colors (makes sense).

Is there a way to either 1) turn off or prioritize categories so that a particular one is on top or possibly ignored in the Monthly view?

ie. One date with a Birthday (all day) and a Business (all day), make it so the day of the month displays the Business color. The Business appointment is more important than the Birthday so I'd like to show a blue day (Business) rather than a green day (Birthday).

If this isn't possible, how are the categories layered? FIFO? or by time of day? alphabetically, etc?

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Melisa
    Hi Melisa,

Welcome to DejaoOffice, and thanks for the inquiry. So the category Coloring in Month view is a WIP right now so I am not surprised you have some questions.
    I am trying to get to the bottom of how they will display in the Month View for Calendar myself.

We have a Category filter in the list view. If you go to list view and tap category you can view specific event categories that way.

Also...

Here is something I learned that may be helpful in the time being... You get a much more comprehensive "Month View" by adjusting to Tablet Mode. The results of doing this will vary from device to device but try this...
    1.Open DejaCal and GO to Month View.
    2.Tap your Phones Menu button.
    3.Select Settings and Font Size.
    4.Turn on Tablet mode (For this screen only)
    This should expand your view of the Calendar depending on your model phone.
    We are actually in the brainstorming phase of trying to make the month/category view more useful.
    So your inquiry helps us help everyone.
    Thanks.