Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sync error encountered in build 4034

Sync error encountered in build 4034

I just updated CL to 4034 and DJO to v1.10.9 on my HTC EVO Shift 4G.
    The first sync with "Purge and Reload All" enabled, sync fine. The next day I tried to sync the phone and the "Please update CL USB Sync on your device" error occurs. I have restarted the phone and I receive the same error. Before the updates of CL and DJO, I was able to sync to my phone daily without any problems.

My Primary Database: "Outlook is the primary, records deleted in Android will be ignored", I am using Windows 7 Enterprise (64-Bit) and MS Outlook 2010.

How do I roll back to my previous versions for CL and DJO? Or is there a fix?

Thank you,
    GreggA

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreggoryAllen View Post
    The first sync with "Purge and Reload All" enabled, sync fine. The next day I tried to sync the phone and the "Please update CL USB Sync on your device" error occurs. I have restarted the phone and I receive the same error. Before the updates of CL and DJO, I was able to sync to my phone daily without any problems.

My Primary Database: "Outlook is the primary, records deleted in Android will be ignored", I am using Windows 7 Enterprise (64-Bit) and MS Outlook 2010.

Thank you,
    GreggA
    Hi Gregg,

Where exactly is this error occurring? On the PC or on the phone?

When I used CL 4032 and DJO 1.10.9, everything was o.k. I use a HTC desire (Android 2.2) and only USB Sync (using "charge only" as USB connection setting, not "HTC sync", not "harddisk", not "USB-connection").

Then I updated CL to 4034. With CL 4034 when I press Sync in DJO on my HTC nothing happens in CL, I have to cancel the sync on HTC. No sync is done!

Then I deleted DJO database on HTC device, configured CL to "purge and reload" and connected HTC to PC via USB. Then I pressed "Sync" in DJO and the sync started in CL, so everything was fine.

BUT: The next sync (started via "Sync" button in DJO) again led to "nothing happens" in CL, no sync was performed, neither with "purge and reload" or other settings !!!
    So only first sync was o.k., each further sync doesn't start on the PC, because CL doesn't get any notice.
    Of course when I press Sync in CL, I get the message "Please update CL USB Sync on your device", but normally I never use Sync-button in CL only Sync-button in DJO.

I switched back to CL 4032 (I never tried with 4033) and now each sync works as it should, so everything is o.k. with the old version of CL.

What is wrong with CL 4034? My PC is Windows XP SP3 32bit and Outlook 2003 SP3. (All in German and all timezones are GMT+1)

Regards
    Arno

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProTel-BS View Post
    When I used CL 4032 and DJO 1.10.9, everything was o.k. I use a HTC desire (Android 2.2) and only USB Sync (using "charge only" as USB connection setting, not "HTC sync", not "harddisk", not "USB-connection").

Then I updated CL to 4034. With CL 4034 when I press Sync in DJO on my HTC nothing happens in CL, I have to cancel the sync on HTC. No sync is done!

Then I deleted DJO database on HTC device, configured CL to "purge and reload" and connected HTC to PC via USB. Then I pressed "Sync" in DJO and the sync started in CL, so everything was fine.

BUT: The next sync (started via "Sync" button in DJO) again led to "nothing happens" in CL, no sync was performed, neither with "purge and reload" or other settings !!!
    So only first sync was o.k., each further sync doesn't start on the PC, because CL doesn't get any notice.
    Of course when I press Sync in CL, I get the message "Please update CL USB Sync on your device", but normally I never use Sync-button in CL only Sync-button in DJO.

I switched back to CL 4032 (I never tried with 4033) and now each sync works as it should, so everything is o.k. with the old version of CL.

What is wrong with CL 4034? My PC is Windows XP SP3 32bit and Outlook 2003 SP3. (All in German and all timezones are GMT+1)

Regards
    Arno
    Hi Arno,

Thank you so much for this informative and well written post.
    4034 was designed to fix the exact problem you encountered.
    All of our inhouse Android devices work correctly with 4034 and numerous users have reported your problem going away after updating to 4034.
    So we have to keep digging to make these problems go away.

We would like to get a copy of some files on your computer to see what we need to do to rapidly fix this.
    Please fill out the support form in the link below:
    http://www.dejaoffice.com/support_contact.html

Put in the notes that Thomas in QA is requesting you to submit the ticket.

Thanks,

DejaOffice Team Member

Thank you,
    GreggA
    Hi Gregg,

You may note that a fix reported for this problem is to install build 4032.
    We would like to verify that 4032 works correctly so we can fix this problem once and for all.
    Can you please try uninstalling 4034 and the installing 4032?

You can use the link below to get 4032:
    http://www.companionlink.com/files/s...val(b4032).exe

Make sure you UNINSTALL 4034 before using the link!

Thanks

DejaOffice Team Member
    I have moved these posts to separate the different issues from the originally posted problem.

Same symc problem with Galaxy S

I have exactly the same problem with my Galaxy S I9000 (DJO 1.10.9 / CL Express 4.0 Build 4034), trying to Sync with LN 8. CL does not start syncing ("Please update CL USB Sync on your device.").
    Reinstallation of both DJO and CL do not solve the problem. I still have a copy of CL Build 4033 and 4032, which version do you recommend?

Thanks & Best regards,
    Chris

Hi Arno, thank you. The error occurred on the PC. I will uninstall CL build 4034 and install CL build 4032.

I did not realize the following problem when I posted this message, but on my HTC EVO Switch 4G after I installed DJO (v1.10.9) I got the following error. When I go into the settings, then DejaContact Settings or DejaCalendar Settings, when I exit, (with changes and without changes), I get the following error “Sorry! The application DejaOffice (process com.companionlink.clubsync) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.” My options are “Force close” or “Report”. I pressed the “Report” button to send a report. Then the next time I just pressed the “Force close” button to exit. I was thinking this is an error is related to the CL error I posted about.

Is there a link to install the previous version of DJO? Or is this some other type of problem?

Thank you,
    GreggA

@GreggoryAllen and @DJO_Support_Team (Thomas etc.): This is a problem in DJO 1.10.9 final release, when using Settings -> General Settings -> Font Size -> "Business Size".
    Then when exiting some settings (DejaContact Settings or DejaCalendar Settings; having done no changes) with the back button, DJO crashes.
    This seems to be independant of CL's version (I had this with CL 4032 and 4034).

For me it was helpful to use Settings -> General Settings -> Font Size -> "Delightful Size".
    Seems also to work with "Micro Size".

This should be corrected; I'd like to use "Business Size" which worked in DJO 1.10.8 and earlier and perhaps even in 1.10.9 beta.

Thank you,
    Arno

DejaOffice Team Member
    Hi Arno, thank you. The error occurred on the PC. I will uninstall CL build 4034 and install CL build 4032.

I did not realize the following problem when I posted this message, but on my HTC EVO Switch 4G after I installed DJO (v1.10.9) I got the following error. When I go into the settings, then DejaContact Settings or DejaCalendar Settings, when I exit, (with changes and without changes), I get the following error “Sorry! The application DejaOffice (process com.companionlink.clubsync) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.” My options are “Force close” or “Report”. I pressed the “Report” button to send a report. Then the next time I just pressed the “Force close” button to exit. I was thinking this is an error is related to the CL error I posted about.

Is there a link to install the previous version of DJO? Or is this some other type of problem?

Thank you,
    GreggA
    http://www.companionlink.com/files/s...val(b4032).exe