Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sync error encountered in build 4034

Hi Arno, thank you, the CL build 4032 FIXED the "Please update CL USB Sync on your device" on the PC. I was able to sync my contacts on my cell.

But on my cell with DJO (v1.10.9) I still get an error when trying to change the settings. I go into the settings, then DejaContact Settings or DejaCalendar Settings, and when I exit, I still get the error Sorry! The application DejaOffice (process com.companionlink.clubsync) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. I can change any other settings, General, Tasks, Notepad, Expense, Alarms, Sync, Private Records, and even the About, with no problem. Just Contact and Calendar settings creates this error.

Thank you,
    GreggA

@GreggoryAllen: Did you really change "Font Size" to "Delightful Size" in DJO -> Settings -> General Settings -> Font Size -> "Delightful Size" ? Or even try with "Micro Size".
    Using "Business Size" seems to crash as described only when returning from contact or calendar settings.

Arno

Similar Problem Syncing on 4034, Different Problem on 4032

Hello, I'm having similar problems. I have a new Droid 2 Global I'm trying to sync with Outlook 2007 under Windows XP. I installed build 4034 originally, had a successful first sync, but then could never resync. I just tried installing build 4032, and it will now resync, but after it does, the syncing message comes up again on the phone and won't go away without shutting down the phone and restarting it. After restarting, the sync appears to have been successful, since new items added on Outlook are on the phone, but I need to solve the problem with the sync restarting and freezing the phone. Can you help? This is very frustrating and taking a lot of time that I don't have.
    Thanks,
    Harold Miller

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldDMiller View Post
    Hello, I'm having similar problems. I have a new Droid 2 Global I'm trying to sync with Outlook 2007 under Windows XP. I installed build 4034 originally, had a successful first sync, but then could never resync. I just tried installing build 4032, and it will now resync, but after it does, the syncing message comes up again on the phone and won't go away without shutting down the phone and restarting it. After restarting, the sync appears to have been successful, since new items added on Outlook are on the phone, but I need to solve the problem with the sync restarting and freezing the phone. Can you help? This is very frustrating and taking a lot of time that I don't have.
    Thanks,
    Harold Miller
    Hi Harold,

Thanks for posting. Sorry for any inconvenience. We are working on this issue right now and your feedback is helpful to our efforts to get this fixed.

Hi Arno, Yes I can change "Font Size" to "Delightful Size" and "Micro Size" in DJO -> Settings -> General Settings -> Font Size. I have NO problem!

GreggA

A Little More Detail

Thanks, Thomas, that's great and thanks for the quick response.

You may already know this, but here's what happens under build 4032. I attach the USB cable, press the sync button on the phone, and then a few seconds later, the sync starts on the computer. The sync finishes on the computer, I press OK there, then I press OK on the phone, and the sync box on the phone disappears. There's a message saying USB Unmounted and then moments later a box comes up saying that the phone is synchronizing with a Cancel button. That never goes away unless you press Cancel, in which case it says it's cancelling, but that never goes away unless you reboot the phone. But after rebooting, the newly synced info is in the DejaOffice apps.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Hi Harold,

Thanks for posting. Sorry for any inconvenience. We are working on this issue right now and your feedback is helpful to our efforts to get this fixed.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Thanks, Thomas, that's great and thanks for the quick response.

You may already know this, but here's what happens under build 4032. I attach the USB cable, press the sync button on the phone, and then a few seconds later, the sync starts on the computer. The sync finishes on the computer, I press OK there, then I press OK on the phone, and the sync box on the phone disappears. There's a message saying USB Unmounted and then moments later a box comes up saying that the phone is synchronizing with a Cancel button. That never goes away unless you press Cancel, in which case it says it's cancelling, but that never goes away unless you reboot the phone. But after rebooting, the newly synced info is in the DejaOffice apps.
    Harold,

If I were in this situation I would try the following steps (if you haven't already)

1.Backup your PC Database.
    2.Verify your PIM data is clean and up to date.
    3. Uninstall and Reinstall DejaOffice.
    4. Execute a Purge and Reload.

The Purge and reload is the key here. If you have already done that please disregard.

Yep, I did all those things. I can try it one more time if you think it is helpful, but when I installed the earlier release of CompanionLink, I did a purge and reload. And that worked. It's the resyncing that's still the problem. I was, by the way, getting the same error messages as GreggoryAllen when I had the later release installed, e.g., "Please update CL USB on your device."

DejaOffice Team Member
    Yep, I did all those things. I can try it one more time if you think it is helpful, but when I installed the earlier release of CompanionLink, I did a purge and reload. And that worked. It's the resyncing that's still the problem. I was, by the way, getting the same error messages as GreggoryAllen when I had the later release installed, e.g., "Please update CL USB on your device."
    Not necessary on this end. I am pretty clear the issue triggers on the second sync. That is the common experience reported.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Hi Harold,

If you have the time please try the next set of steps:

1.Backup your PC Database.
    2.Verify your PIM data is clean and up to date.
    3. Uninstall and Reinstall DejaOffice on your phone.
    4. Restart your PC.
    5. Set CompanionLink Desktop to only sync Contacts.
    6. Execute a Purge and Reload.
    7. Execute a second sync.

Repeat steps 5-7 and change the conduit in step 5.
    Example turn off Calendar Sync in CompanionLink and turn on Calendar.
    Repeat with each individual conduit. Tasks, and notes...

Let us know which conduits work and which ones die on the second sync.

Let me know if this is too much. We need to check this on multiple devices so we can figure out what the problem is.

Make sure you sync only one conduit at a time. So we can isolate the problem areas.
    If this is too time consuming for you we understand. No worries.