Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sync error encountered in build 4034

DejaOffice Team Member
    Everyone,

This problem has been isolated so far to a problem with the Windows USB drivers communicating with Android USB drivers.
    Until it is resolved (and we are working very diligently on this) a suggested work around is WiFi sync.

Thanks to everyone for your patience.

Hi Arno, Yes I can change "Font Size" to "Delightful Size" and "Micro Size" in DJO -> Settings -> General Settings -> Font Size. I have NO problem!

GreggA

I tried this just for Contacts, and then just for Calendar, and it happened both times. I set it to purge & reload, it read all the items on the computer, said it was completed, I hit OK on the phone, a message came up saying SD card being dismounted, then a couple of seconds later, a window on the phone appears saying it's synchronizing with the little red circle spinning and a cancel button, but it never completes. If you hit cancel, it says it's cancelling, but it never closes the window. If you wait long enough, an OS message comes up and asks if you want to terminate the application. If you say yes (or give up and just restart the phone), the Calendar/Contacts are there and up to date. It seems that something is happening AFTER the sync is complete between the computer and the phone; it looks to me like whatever routine closes the database on the phone is triggering something else in the sync software that it shouldn't.

Thank you to YOU for your prompt attention to this, it is much appreciated. I'd be happy to test things if you want.

Also, just to be clear, I've been diagnosing the problems with build 4032, not 4034, since 4034 wouldn't work at all for me on the re-sync.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldDMiller View Post
    I tried this just for Contacts, and then just for Calendar, and it happened both times. I set it to purge & reload, it read all the items on the computer, said it was completed, I hit OK on the phone, a message came up saying SD card being dismounted, then a couple of seconds later, a window on the phone appears saying it's synchronizing with the little red circle spinning and a cancel button, but it never completes. If you hit cancel, it says it's cancelling, but it never closes the window. If you wait long enough, an OS message comes up and asks if you want to terminate the application. If you say yes (or give up and just restart the phone), the Calendar/Contacts are there and up to date. It seems that something is happening AFTER the sync is complete between the computer and the phone; it looks to me like whatever routine closes the database on the phone is triggering something else in the sync software that it shouldn't.
    Harold,

Just to be clear the results you are reporting are on an initial sync after reinstalling DJO on the phone.
    Also... Please define what is meant by "but it never completes." How long have you waited for this process to complete in the past? 5Min a half hour? over night?

Can you please submit a support request at dejaoffice.com/support.

Place in the subject line your forum user name and attention it to Jason.
    He will be providing you with instructions to submit some files so we can parse the problem.

Thanks

Correct. I uninstalled and reinstalled DJO on the phone.
    As for never completes, I didn't time it. I waited at least 15 minutes or a half hour at one point. I have a LOT of contacts so I thought that might be the issue, but it also just ran and ran on the calendar, which is a much smaller file. Can you clarify for me -- is it supposed to pop up a "synchronizing" box after you hit OK on the phone in the first synchronizing box?

DejaOffice Team
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldDMiller View Post
    Correct. I uninstalled and reinstalled DJO on the phone.
    As for never completes, I didn't time it. I waited at least 15 minutes or a half hour at one point. I have a LOT of contacts so I thought that might be the issue, but it also just ran and ran on the calendar, which is a much smaller file. Can you clarify for me -- is it supposed to pop up a "synchronizing" box after you hit OK on the phone in the first synchronizing box?
    Yes. Once you hit OK in DejaOffice, after the PC sync has completed, you should see a "Synchronizing..." message appear for a few seconds. That message should then say "Sync Complete" soon after. It sounds like the third phase of the sync is not completing. Please submit a support request as mentioned above and we will figure this out.

Strangely enough, it's now working.

Well, I didn't do anything differently, but it's working now. It seems as though it takes a VERY long time the FIRST time that second Synchronizing message appears, and then less time subsequently. I just did a sync with all four elements (Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Notes) included both ways to and from phone to Outlook. The second Synchronizing message came up and sat for a couple of minutes, and the phone three times said it wasn't responding and did I want to wait, and I said yes, and then it said it was complete and it's fine.