+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lotus Traveler, Read Android Data, Categories

Lotus Traveler, Read Android Data, Categories

I'm loving this product so far! I am using Lotus Traveler for OTA syncing, but since the contacts app is lacking so much I'm using DejaContacts. My question is about contact categories in Lotus Notes. Traveler does sync that information to the device as you can see it when you edit one of those contacts. The problem I have is when I pull those into DejaContacts I don't get the Category data even though its on the device. What I'd like to do, if possible, is to have DejaContacts sync with the local contacts (Lotus Traveler contacts) regularly which in turn syncs with my Lotus Notes. By doing that I don't need to setup anything on a computer for it to sync to and it will always be up to date. If this is not possible I'm wondering if it would be possible to put in a feature request for it.

Thanks! Hope that was clear.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pperpich View Post
    I'm loving this product so far! I am using Lotus Traveler for OTA syncing, but since the contacts app is lacking so much I'm using DejaContacts. My question is about contact categories in Lotus Notes. Traveler does sync that information to the device as you can see it when you edit one of those contacts. The problem I have is when I pull those into DejaContacts I don't get the Category data even though its on the device. What I'd like to do, if possible, is to have DejaContacts sync with the local contacts (Lotus Traveler contacts) regularly which in turn syncs with my Lotus Notes. By doing that I don't need to setup anything on a computer for it to sync to and it will always be up to date. If this is not possible I'm wondering if it would be possible to put in a feature request for it.

Thanks! Hope that was clear.
    Hi pperich,

Thank you so much for the post. At this time DejaOffice does not support Syncing Category data with Lotus Traveler. We have noted your request and will forward it to the development group.
    One feature you may find helpful is to use the Read Android Data function in DejaOffice.

If you ahve not already set this up try this:
    1.Open DejaOffice and tap settings.
    2.Tap Sync Settings and select Sync with Android Contact App.
    After that you tap the Read Android Data icon in the main DejaOffice app screen.

I hope this information helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Hi pperich,

Thank you so much for the post. At this time DejaOffice does not support Syncing Category data with Lotus Traveler. We have noted your request and will forward it to the development group.
    One feature you may find helpful is to use the Read Android Data function in DejaOffice.

If you ahve not already set this up try this:
    1.Open DejaOffice and tap settings.
    2.Tap Sync Settings and select Sync with Android Contact App.
    After that you tap the Read Android Data icon in the main DejaOffice app screen.

I hope this information helps.
    Thanks! Your suggestion is exactly what I am doing, but it fails to read the category data stored with the contacts from Traveler. The only way I can get the category is by syncing with Companion Link and I'm trying to avoid having to be tied to a computer for syncing.

+ Reply to Thread