+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DejaOffice / CompanionLink Calendar sync issue

DejaOffice / CompanionLink Calendar sync issue

I recently starting using DejaOffice and CompanionLink for my Android X. When I sync my Contacts, Tasks and Memo's with outlook, everything works find. When I try to add the calendar, it stalls at a specific item and times out. I cannot find any error log, sync log or an other way to discover which calendar item may be causing the issue. I have also run the PST and the OST repair tools for outlook and both returned no corruptions or errors. Is there some place to find out when the offending calendar record is?

Overall I am very happy with DejaOffice and CompanionLink but if I cannot sync my calendar, the program is of no use to me.

Thanks for your help...

DejaOffice Team Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Degar71 View Post
    I recently starting using DejaOffice and CompanionLink for my Android X. When I sync my Contacts, Tasks and Memo's with outlook, everything works find. When I try to add the calendar, it stalls at a specific item and times out. I cannot find any error log, sync log or an other way to discover which calendar item may be causing the issue. I have also run the PST and the OST repair tools for outlook and both returned no corruptions or errors. Is there some place to find out when the offending calendar record is?

Overall I am very happy with DejaOffice and CompanionLink but if I cannot sync my calendar, the program is of no use to me.

Thanks for your help...
    That might be tough but I would start by reducing the number of days CompanionLink goes back for Calendar Data.
    Open CompanionLink Setup and click on Advanced Settings.
    Start reducing the How Many days of past calendar data would you like to synchronize? The default is set to 90 days.
    I would start reducing this incrementally and attempting to Sync.

You can also try a Purge and Reload of the Calendar only:
    In CompanionLink Setup click Outlook Settings.
    Click The Applications tab.
    Click the Purge and reload tasks.

Also make sure your PC is not running any virus scan SW when you sync.

I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    That might be tough but I would start by reducing the number of days CompanionLink goes back for Calendar Data.
    Open CompanionLink Setup and click on Advanced Settings.
    Start reducing the How Many days of past calendar data would you like to synchronize? The default is set to 90 days.
    I would start reducing this incrementally and attempting to Sync.

You can also try a Purge and Reload of the Calendar only:
    In CompanionLink Setup click Outlook Settings.
    Click The Applications tab.
    Click the Purge and reload tasks.

Also make sure your PC is not running any virus scan SW when you sync.

I hope this helps.
    Thomas,

Thanks for the help... I ended up setting the "past" calendar items to zero and it still locked up. I also purged the calendar without any improvement.

Additional Info:

1 - It goes through the "reading android calender xx (Quick Sync)"
    2 - It halts at "reading outlook calendar xx (Quick Sync)"
    3 - The xx value seems to change with every Sync attempt.
    4 - CPU usage goes to 100% and the whole computer starts to lag.
    5 - I end up having to "End Task" the Companion Link via task manager to release the PC.

+ Reply to Thread